Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Your operators Kingdom coaches, or Dero tours depending really what kind of tour you have in mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Buckleys's tours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

The golden gates were originally golden in colour.
    There is an old tunnel that runs under the road to the house across the way on the roundabout. you can still see the entrance to the tunnel it is covered by concrete,
    Go in the golden gates take the path that goes straight (not the one that veers to the right) take the left turn and keep going over to the wall, you will see to the left before the wall a path that goes left alongside the closed off garden, the entrance is up there

Wow , never knew that .... have to check it out thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

s5ycm

Mission Road is one of the finest woodland boulevards in the country! It was originally called the Inner Relief Road. Its in the aerial photograph at the bottom of the picture. http://g.co/maps/s5ycm

Also from the picture you can see "New Street Car Park" which is clearly seperated from New St by about 200m of Beech Road. Some people call it Tescos Car Park.

The Poly is the "Pretty Poly" factory which was called "Sarah Lee" in its last years. The Poly gave employment to generations of Killarney and Kerry people from the sixties to the turn of the century.

Im intrigued about Muckross road and the high court , what's that about?

Killarney House.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Good Luck to all partaking in the Rally of the Lakes 2012 :)

I found it nice to read the following from radiokerry.ie

"03 May 2012
    Top rally driver condemns boy racers ahead of Rally of the Lakes

Top rally driver Aaron McHale is condemning boy racers ahead of the Killarney Rally of the Lakes this weekend.
    The race organisers are clamping down on boy racers at this year's rally, following problems at last year's event.
    Aaron McHale says boy racers are using the rally to gather; he says they have no interest in the rally and is comparing them to football hooligans."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Good Luck to all partaking in the Rally of the Lakes 2012 :)

I found it nice to read the following from radiokerry.ie

"03 May 2012
    Top rally driver condemns boy racers ahead of Rally of the Lakes

Top rally driver Aaron McHale is condemning boy racers ahead of the Killarney Rally of the Lakes this weekend.
    The race organisers are clamping down on boy racers at this year's rally, following problems at last year's event.
    Aaron McHale says boy racers are using the rally to gather; he says they have no interest in the rally and is comparing them to football hooligans."

Time to stay out of town for the next 4 days! This time last year I had my drivers test....I remember how horrified I was to find out it was on the first day of the rally!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Will all be clear by Tuesday please? I trade at Sneem then and love to come back to West Cork via Killarney....Love the town...

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Graces7 wrote: »
    Will all be clear by Tuesday please? I trade at Sneem then and love to come back to West Cork via Killarney....Love the town...

Sunday is the last day of it

Graces7 wrote: »

Yeah all will be clear come tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

VROOOOM

:(

• Advertisement

Lia_lia wrote: »
    VROOOOM

:(

not long more to go now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Heading to killarney for the weekend and booked it couple months back not knowing about the rally. Was a nice surprise and might go to one of the stages on sunday but what will traffic be like along muckross road and through the town?

Expect very long delays especially muckross rd...and around the Gleneagle hotel...to be honest All roads in and out of Killarney will be choc a block..so patience
    ..All will be back to normal on Monday so enjoy the weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yeah all will be clear come tuesday

Ah thanks..

Killarney...suits me,, Previously as I live in West Cork, I tried to brave the traffic Corkwards for the big shops.. Now I enjoy the big supermarkets in Killarney and even more the magnificence on the way back to Macroom and onwards. Happy with Killarney..

How is it around town?? hear it's not majorly busy?

I'm just finished work myself and with study needing my attention tonight & work again tomorrow I won't be in town later. I'm sure I'll hear before the morning if anything of note should happen though!

Fair play to the guards on-duty this week-end in and around Killarney for the Rally doing a great job from what I am hearing so far! Cheers to all involved and drafted in to work. Seriously Thank You :)

Has anyone been in the new Spanish restaurant down Market Lane - La Rambla since they opened? Any feedback from your time there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Has the art and craft shop closed down or just moved? It was on the road from the malton towards the cinema.

Crafty Alley closed down a few months ago, but a sewing knitting shop opened in the lower part of New street..on the side of Dunnes Stores...Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Thanks for that. That's a shame, they had great stuff but obviously it's a small market, I was more interested in the craft stuff rather than the knitting/sewing end of things. I used to pop in whenever I was in Killarney but noticed it closed last week when I was passing. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

You can still purchase from Crafty Alley on-line, but it's not the same as popping in the shop!
    Does anyone know the story with Pulse Accessories in the Deer Park - it's been 'Closed for Stocktaking' the last 2 Saturdays? Hope it's not closed down.

Not a good sign to be closed on a Saturday never mind 2 ....unless closed for lunch...I checked Pulse website and no details of closure...Strange indeed but guess it will all come to light in a few weeks...At least we still have Claire Accessories...and of course the teenagers have Penny's...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

How would one go about handing a CV into Tescos, Dunnes etc? Hand in personally, online..?
    I'm clueless about all this kinda thing :o

How would one go about handing a CV into Tescos, Dunnes etc? Hand in personally, online..?
    I'm clueless about all this kinda thing :o

Go to customer service and ask for the manager, be polite to him make a good impression and give him ur CV, say you would like to be considered for any positions that may open up or whatever

I overheard some people discussing the "Speir Bhean" today. What is it?

I overheard some people discussing the "Speir Bhean" today. What is it?

It's the name of the statue facing the friary by the outlet centre

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobindrums/774172081/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I suppose there's a chance that someone might possibly know where The National Monuments Depot, Carrigfreaghane, Muckross Road is actually physically located? I can't find it on Google maps, or any other map for that matter.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I suppose there's a chance that someone might possibly know where The National Monuments Depot, Carrigfreaghane, Muckross Road is actually physically located? I can't find it on Google maps, or any other map for that matter.:(

Not sure exactly where it is but if you went into muckross house and asked in there they would probably be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Not sure exactly where it is but if you went into muckross house and asked in there they would probably be able to point you in the right direction.

This internet thingy isn't as good as I thought it was, I'll have to send it back.:(

• Advertisement

You could phone or write to:

Terry Murphy,
    District Works Manager,
    Killarney Depot OPW
    Carrigfreaghane,
    Killarney,
    Co Kerry
    Tel: (064) 663 2402

and ask them where the depot is.

It seems it is near Muckross Abbey