Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

a skating pond? its not what l think it is, is it:confused:

It probably is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

kerry4sam wrote: »
    afaik it won't be due to budget constraints but Killarney will have a skating-pond this year though, as of last Friday*.

* info direct from Tourist Office

''Located in a new, larger indoor venue on Main Street, this year's Christmas Village includes a skating pond, snowball throwing contests, Reindeer Chair-O-Plane, the Elves puppet show and a Christmas slide! ''

Where is the indoor venue?

''Located in a new, larger indoor venue on Main Street, this year's Christmas Village includes a skating pond, snowball throwing contests, Reindeer Chair-O-Plane, the Elves puppet show and a Christmas slide! ''

Down Mackeys Lane off the Market Cross or else, from another way - in-front of Radio Kerrys' office just off Glebe Carpark :)

Who can recommend good internet in killarney?
    I have vodafone and it's a disgrace. It has only worked for about 3 hours so far this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Where in Killarney are you?

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Where in Killarney are you?
    Town

Have you Vodafone wired or their mobile broadband? Mobile broadband in Killarney is pretty bad, your best option would be Wired broadband(presuming you dont have it already). But its pricey enough. I'd imagine you can get NGB with eircom and when they roll out Fibre broadband next year, you'd be able to get that too. Vodafone, 02 and Sky also do DSL, best to have a look about on their sites to see what deals they offer.

I have the wired one. Thanks for your advice. Does anyone have experience with wimax? they have a pretty cheap unlimited plan, the reviews online are terrible though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Hi All

Can you recommend anyone in the Killarney Area who can update a CV or is working with a Recruitment Agency

Thanks

Newman

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

The Jobs Club, Lower New street,
    Margaret made up my CV, and it was briliant, it is a free service, and they also have links with Fás , Great place for info also.

• Advertisement

I have the wired one. Thanks for your advice. Does anyone have experience with wimax? they have a pretty cheap unlimited plan, the reviews online are terrible though!!

If you go into the eircom forum and message one of the reps your phone number, they'll let you know what service you can get. Odds are it will tbe your current speed but there's a chance your line may have been upgraded to NGB

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Guv

Anyone know of a spot in town that'd be good to pick up a gift for secret santa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

The Guv wrote: »
    Anyone know of a spot in town that'd be good to pick up a gift for secret santa?

what you looking for?:)

what you looking for?:)

Also, what price-range are you looking at? Have you seen anything of interest already in this thread that you may like to know is sold local?

Also, what price-range are you looking at? Have you seen anything of interest already in this thread that you may like to know is sold local?
    Limit is €10. Don't mind spending a bit more. Have no idea what to look for tbh, i'm not good at things like this. Its a female if that helps.

Limit is €10. Don't mind spending a bit more. Have no idea what to look for tbh, i'm not good at things like this. Its a female if that helps.

What's she like in general - would she appreciate something quirky or are you looking for something safe? :)

Maybe something in the candle shop on plunkett street?

What's she like in general - would she appreciate something quirky or are you looking for something safe? :)

Really doesn't matter. She wouldn't be prudish so something quirky would be fine!

Really doesn't matter. She wouldn't be prudish so something quirky would be fine!

what about a small ornament? if shes into animals something like a small dog...or a small vintage jewellery box would be lovely! a candle is a good idea too! it all depends on her personality really...look in charity shops, great variety & v cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Hi folks,

Can anyone give their insights into what they think is better between the Malton and the Brehon? Obviously the Malton is more central but just overall thoughts would be welcome. Looking to head away this weekend so would appreciate any feedback asap.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Denners wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Can anyone give their insights into what they think is better between the Malton and the Brehon? Obviously the Malton is more central but just overall thoughts would be welcome. Looking to head away this weekend so would appreciate any feedback asap.

Cheers

It's hard to choose, they are similar in terms of standard of accommodation.. There is a pool and jacuzzi etc., in the Malton, the pool in the Brehon is part of the spa. I would go with the Malton because of the location. Brehon is a bit cheaper for standard double room. Is cost or location more important to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

It's hard to choose, they are similar in terms of standard of accommodation.. There is a pool and jacuzzi etc., in the Malton, the pool in the Brehon is part of the spa. I would go with the Malton because of the location. Brehon is a bit cheaper for standard double room. Is cost or location more important to you?

Cost isn't a factor. Going for two nights so enjoyment and quality of the hotel would probably be my major concern. Scenery would be nice aswell but not essential.

I would be interested in doing activities aswell has anybody any worthwhile suggestions of what is enjoyable and worthwhile? Has anybody experienced the boat and jaunting car/cycle/walk that is available and how would someone organise that? ( I have googled these but nothing better than a personal insight or advice)

Thanks again

Cost isn't a factor. Going for two nights so enjoyment and quality of the hotel would probably be my major concern. Scenery would be nice aswell but not essential.

I would be interested in doing activities aswell has anybody any worthwhile suggestions of what is enjoyable and worthwhile? Has anybody experienced the boat and jaunting car/cycle/walk that is available and how would someone organise that? ( I have googled these but nothing better than a personal insight or advice)

Thanks again
    Malton has beautiful gardens although i am not sure what condition they would be in this time of year? Go with the malton!

Boat trips through the lakes to the gap o dunloe don't run these few months of the year, you can drive the gap of dunloe or park at kate kearneys and go for a bit of a walk, if weather is good there will be a goo buzz around town. Im working tonight but will give you more info tomorrow if i remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Thanks again

As a local I wouldnt have stayed in either so don't know what the rooms are like but if cost isnt a factor I'd say the Malton all day long over the Brehon.

The restaurant in the Malton and the bar food in the Malton are top quality and I think it would beat the Brehon hands down in terms of ambiance and atmosphere. Also the location of the hotel so close to town would be a major plus over the Brehon which while within walking distance of town falls more into Taxi range.

Not sure what the options are regarding boat/jaunting car/cycling are at the moment as its off season, but I'm sure that the hotel would know the options.

In terms of walking, the Killarney National Park is very close to the Malton and if the weather's dry a walk through the park to Ross Castle would be nice. Normally during the summer there there would be jarveys and boatmen at Ross but things might be a bit different this weekend.

If you want to go slightly further afield Muckross House and the grounds are always worth a visit.

Also if you're down this weekend there are a couple of events on
    http://www.christmasinkillarney.com

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I heard on Radio Kerry that Killarney was to become the first free WiFi town in Ireland. Does anyone know when it starts and how it will work?

I use McDonalds and the Costa Coffee shop in Deerpark at the present.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Went down here yesterday with my young lad, gotta say its quite disappointing

anyone out last night? fooking hell......

Was indeed, was great aul craic. Closing times for places seemed a bit all over the place though.

where did u end up? they were alrite, the grand didnt know weather to let people in or out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

anyone out last night? fooking hell......

Ended up in the Porterhouse,think it was around 1.30 when we left. busy in there but comfortable,that snug they have is like heaven:D

Advertisement