Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

porterhouse? wheres that? never heard of the place :L :O

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

porterhouse? wheres that? never heard of the place :L :O
    its next door to the tatler,lovely place

its next door to the tatler,lovely place

never noticed, is it a nightclub yeah?

never noticed, is it a nightclub yeah?

its just a regular bar/restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

where did u end up? they were alrite, the grand didnt know weather to let people in or out!

Went to Laurels, I didn't even know there was a nightclub there. Played all 80s stuff which made a nice difference, when the DJ was playing Rihanna he said that he will only play 5 minutes of this ****e and then go back to the good stuff. :D Was a fairly old crowd in there but had a great atmosphere. I went into Courtneys around quarter past 11 and they had stopped serving. Were still leaving people in though.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Went to Laurels, I didn't even know there was a nightclub there. Played all 80s stuff which made a nice difference, when the DJ was playing Rihanna he said that he will only play 5 minutes of this ****e and then go back to the good stuff. :D Was a fairly old crowd in there but had a great atmosphere. I went into Courtneys around quarter past 11 and they had stopped serving. Were still leaving people in though.

was never in Laurels...aw l love the 80s! :D

Think it was only open for a one off, set up was fairly basic inside, awfully loud too

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

anyone out last night? fooking hell......

I was out in the Grand.
    3rd night in the row.
    For some reason the situation was not as good there as the previous two nights. Another thing was that they stopped the music probably around 2am or so (or maybe around 1:30am, I'm not exactly sure) and the early finish (as compared to normally stopping the music at 2:30am) seemed to take from the atmosphere.

The previous two nights were excellent.
    Really excellent. :)

Timmyboy wrote: »
    I was out in the Grand.
    3rd night in the row.
    For some reason the situation was not as good there as the previous two nights. Another thing was that they stopped the music probably around 2am or so (or maybe around 1:30am, I'm not exactly sure) and the early finish (as compared to normally stopping the music at 2:30am) seemed to take from the atmosphere.

The previous two nights were excellent.
    Really excellent. :)

l was there too! ya ended very early, prob cause of the crowd, perfer it thur or sunday nights! we prob passed eachother :p act you better not be your man that smacked my arse in the bar :mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Long Shot: However,

If you lost or are missing your wallet from lastnight in Killarney, please pm me. It was handed into me today and I'd like to get it back to the owner if possible. I contacted the local Gardaí and they have a fair idea of who the owner actually is (local), but have no contact details, hence the post in here :)

It was soaked and I'm currently drying it off! I'd like to get it back to the owner though.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement

anyone out in killarney tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

anyone out in killarney tonight?

I am thinking about it! ;)

Was out last night in the Grand.
    Great music in the night club part.
    Great atmosphere.

I was zonked and not on form. :rolleyes: Pity.

So better luck next time. Which even at this late stage might be tonight. But I think that Friday night it is more likely to be...

I had zero interest for st.stephens night and I have zero interest for new years eve, reckon sunday night could be pretty good.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Long Shot: However,

If you lost or are missing your wallet from lastnight in Killarney, please pm me. It was handed into me today and I'd like to get it back to the owner if possible. I contacted the local Gardaí and they have a fair idea of who the owner actually is (local), but have no contact details, hence the post in here :)

It was soaked and I'm currently drying it off! I'd like to get it back to the owner though.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Fair play:)

Fair play:)

Only I still have it. I spoke with the person who it may have belonged to but they weren't in town and ain't missing a wallet. They in turn gave me another number of a man whose related to someone with same name who would have been in town that night, but invalid number.

I'm going to wait for the banks to re-open and contact the relevant one and inform them I have that persons card and wallet and let them contact the person.

Be nice to get it back to them.

Timmyboy wrote: »
    I am thinking about it! ;)

Was out last night in the Grand.
    Great music in the night club part.
    Great atmosphere.

I was zonked and not on form. :rolleyes: Pity.

So better luck next time. Which even at this late stage might be tonight. But I think that Friday night it is more likely to be...

was in the grand the last night too, ya the music was good alrite!

did you go out in the end? was only gonna go cause the seducers were playing. J90 playing new years, ment to be good enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Guv

I'm guessing that there is no problem with getting some photcopying done in town tomorrow? Do most newsagents do it?

The Guv wrote: »
    I'm guessing that there is no problem with getting some photcopying done in town tomorrow? Do most newsagents do it?

Hegartys on the Park Road (a local shop that will be open until after 10pm) & O'Connors Newsagents on Beech Road would be your best bets.

Gotta say the Heineken in Courtneys is super:D
    my new years resolution is to drink more of Courtneys heineken:p

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

ARE the streets a bit rougher than usual late at nite or is it just me.........out twice there over Xmas and I must say, it felt a little uneasy, walking from venue to venue - abit like in Tralee when Fabric niteclub was open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Does anyone know why the Primary Care Centre in town closed? Is it closed permanently? They seemed to be doing good business while they were open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Gotta say the Heineken in Courtneys is super:D
    my new years resolution is to drink more of Courtneys heineken:p

Hard to bate the local brew in Murphy's

lukin wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the Primary Care Centre in town closed? Is it closed permanently? They seemed to be doing good business while they were open.

I thought it was this due to planning permissions to transform the complex in to a medical centre and not getting the all-clear for the floors from level 2 upward. I wonder where they will re-locate to or what will actually happen next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I thought it was this due to planning permissions to transform the complex in to a medical centre and not getting the all-clear for the floors from level 2 upward. I wonder where they will re-locate to or what will actually happen next.

I thought it was a Medical Centre?I don't think it closed because of planning permission for expansion. I also don't think it is going to re-open.

I thought it was a Medical Centre?I don't think it closed because of planning permission for expansion. I also don't think it is going to re-open.

It was yes. However, I don't think the planning permission guidelines stated that it's purpose would be as a medical practice centre, if you get my meaning.

When that construction was built, I don't think it stated it would be for use as a medical practice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

Is there still spinning class in Aura or anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Murphj7 wrote: »
    Is there still spinning class in Aura or anywhere?
    Glen is v popular on 4 days a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Some of the rooms used only had planning permission for an office type development and they were unsuccessful in getting planning retention permission

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

Hey i'm starting a job in Killarney town centre next week and wondering where is the cheapest place to park. The closer to new street the better. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

dmeehan wrote: »
    Some of the rooms used only had planning permission for an office type development and they were unsuccessful in getting planning retention permission

Doctors based at the Reeks Gateway Killarney Primary Care Centre have until Friday to leave the premises following a ruling by An Bord Pleanala. Three of the five GPs practises currently in the centre must vacate it by the end of the week.
    The Killarney Primary Care Centre is one of two centre backed by the Prime Healthcare Group which went into receivership in February last year. 15 doctors moved into the premises over two years which was originally built for office and commercial use.
    Last year An Bord Pleanala ruled that operating the medical centre required planning permission to change the use. Killarney Town Council granted permission to retain the change of use to a medical centre. However an appeal was then lodged with An Bord Pleanala and permission was refused to change the use of the second floor of the building for medical use. The refusal said that granting permission for the total floor area, including the second floor would have a negative impact on the vitality and viability of the town centre.

Advertisement