Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Did you try Homebase? MD O'Sheas would probably have them? Also, Kiely's Electrical up Quill's lane..

I got sorted in caseys, cheers! (It was the length I was concerned about, most places I found them seemed to do them two or three meters at most)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 vwnan

Killarney is an absolutely beautiful spot, i always get down once a year for a weekend.. never get sick of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l live only over the road from it, ld nearly go on holiday there l love the place so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Howdy folks,

Anyone recommend a good wheelchair-friendly pub to bring someone to watch the Six Nations game this Saturday?

Handy parking essential, obviously!

Thanks in advance,
    LB

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

What about the East Avenue Hotel, Or Scotts Hotel,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    What about the East Avenue Hotel, Or Scotts Hotel,

Hotel bar's could work alright, might be less hassle than getting in and out of pubs. Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

Tatler

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cutelad

Anyone living out in Milltown? Thinking of renting in Steeple Meadows, any idea who were the builders of the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

oeb wrote: »
    Hey guys, anyone know where I would pick up about 30 feet of telephone cable with connecters already attached in town? The ones that argos and tesco sell seem to have the british connector on one end, instead of the modular connecter that we use here in Ireland.

Try euro shop. They generally do 10m telephone cable for €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

leakyboots wrote: »
    Howdy folks,

Anyone recommend a good wheelchair-friendly pub to bring someone to watch the Six Nations game this Saturday?

Handy parking essential, obviously!

Thanks in advance,
    LB

I'd recommend Scotts tbh! Always great atmosphere for sports, except for the odd Kerry v Cork gaa matches I've watched in there where Cork won - then it's just been madness!

Wheelchair friendly, Sporting atmosphere, Great days have been had watching various sports in Scotts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Anyone been to Wholesome Fayre yet?

Oh Help My Oil Tank ( Only 3 years old) has a leak just noticed it this past hour, Was wondering if Oil suppliers would drain the tank and store the Oil while i get a replacement very quickly. Tank is Three quarters full, Was wondering if anyone else had this problem in the past,

Oh Help My Oil Tank ( Only 3 years old) has a leak just noticed it this past hour, Was wondering if Oil suppliers would drain the tank and store the Oil while i get a replacement very quickly. Tank is Three quarters full, Was wondering if anyone else had this problem in the past,

Hey Halo Kitty, You should ask in the DIY forum here - Busy forum on Home & Garden.

Thanks Kerry4Sam but i think i should have asked if people in the Killarney area knew if Oil suppliers in the Area would Drain my tank and Store oil for me, while i get a replacement..and could they recommend any company..

Thanks Kerry4Sam but i think i should have asked if people in the Killarney area knew if Oil suppliers in the Area would Drain my tank and Store oil for me, while i get a replacement..and could they recommend any company..

Well I got sorted this Morning, I rang Killarney Oil and straight away they put me in contact with Flesk Tank Solutions, who drained my tank and will replace and fit new tank,,Just in case it ever happens to anyone out there I would gladly recommend Mr Liam Courtney of Flesk Tank he was at my door in less than 30 mins of the phonecall.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

Folks can anybody recommend a hairdresser for an upstyle?, have a wedding in the malton in a few weeks, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

Sean Taffee

I had actually forgotton the massive atmosphere that's created by the Dubs in Killarney - Welcome to all reading in here too btw! :) Hope you all continue to enjoy your week-end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi

Does anyone know anyone in Killarney who can repair the stitching on a Letter/Leathette sofa. One of the cushions on the 3-cushion settee have started breaking at at where there is some stitching and has gone around 1 inch sofar.

Anyone ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I had actually forgotton the massive atmosphere that's created by the Dubs in Killarney - Welcome to all reading in here too btw! :) Hope you all continue to enjoy your week-end.

Was a great weekend thanks...........great result too.

Particular thanks to the Night Porter in Scott's for rescuing me from a potentially extremely embarrassing situation.

You know who you are !

• Advertisement

Well the great news for Killarney is that the boy-racers have been given full reign in the town again. I am up for work in 3-hours and they have not yet finished with their antics for tonight!

Great Promo for Killarney and it ain't even the Rally w/end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anyone know of any public speaking groups or classes available in town? I found a toastmasters group, but I don't know is it still in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Killarney Toastmasters meet 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month in the Malton Hotel.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Killarney Toastmasters meet 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month in the Malton Hotel.

Do they still meet? The only information on their toastmasters page referres to a meeting in September. Are newbies welcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

oeb wrote: »
    Do they still meet? The only information on their toastmasters page referres to a meeting in September. Are newbies welcome?

Newcomers are always welcome at Toastmasters. I'm not currently a member of a club but was for many years.

Most Irish Clubs begin their season in September and continue til June hence the reference to the meeting in Sept would have been to the opening one of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

What is Toastmasters??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 uncle homer

What is Toastmasters??
    it must have something to do with toast:confused:
    i like toast:)
    i'll be at the next meeting,loaf of bread in hand

• Advertisement

What is Toastmasters??

Have a read of this. It's very informative :)

Advertisement