Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭DonR8

Yaay Killarney People

Im from Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anyone heard of this place before? If so where is it located?
    http://www.freyaguitars.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

siblers wrote: »
    Anyone heard of this place before? If so where is it located?
    http://www.freyaguitars.com/

Dunno, why not ask them: http://www.freyaguitars.com/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hey lads. Was in the 40 bus from Killarney to Cork this evening and the bus driver left the luggage compartment open and my rucksack fell out (disaster). It's light blue with white flowers and made by Jansport. He closed it kinda near Hegarty's on Park Road. So coulda fallen out anywhere between there and the Outlet centre. It's a long shot but if anyone hears anything about it lemme know! Lots of important college stuff in there. The other stuff can be replaced by insurance but it's the college stuff really that I want...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Hey lads. Was in the 40 bus from Killarney to Cork this evening and the bus driver left the luggage compartment open and my rucksack fell out (disaster). It's light blue with white flowers and made by Jansport. He closed it kinda near Hegarty's on Park Road. So coulda fallen out anywhere between there and the Outlet centre. It's a long shot but if anyone hears anything about it lemme know! Lots of important college stuff in there. The other stuff can be replaced by insurance but it's the college stuff really that I want...

Have you contacted the Garda station in the unlikely event that someone handed it in?

Hope you get it back though Lia_lia :)

• Advertisement

Been around for about a year now but still worth the read

http://snappyshi*.blogspot.ie/2012/05/33-facts-about-killarney-that-only.html

DonR8 wrote: »

just replace the * with a t

Yeah Bus Eireann contacted the Garda station and so did I..no sign of it! Not the end of the world but I have lots of FYP related stuff for college in it :(

DonR8 wrote: »

That went viral on facebook too! Still a good read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

For the first time in maybe seven or eight years, I find myself working in the town center. So, where would you recommend for lunch?

• Advertisement

oeb wrote: »
    For the first time in maybe seven or eight years, I find myself working in the town center. So, where would you recommend for lunch?

O'Briens

Squires do great grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

For something hearthy & filling: Cronins Restaurant or Paddys Restaurant (both will be very busy though). Hannigans & Macs have nice lunches also though it really depends on what you are looking for, to be able to narrow down the list considering the size of the town & everywhere that serves food. :)

Oh and Jam down Old Market lane!

I suppose for the healthy option you have
    McDonals,Burger King, Eddie Rockets:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Der Sullivans

Got the bag back btw! :)

Ah that must be a relief!

Thats great! how did u manage to get it?

• Advertisement

Major European boost for Killarney’s Rally of the Lakes in receiving FIA status:

Killarney’s Muckross House and Gardens was the scene for the official launch of the Cartell.ie Rally of the Lakes 2013, Round 4 of the FIA European Historic Rally Championship.

The Rally of the Lakes was chosen from seven rallies throughout the whole of Europe, who were all looking for this prestigious title round of the European Historic Rally Championship. COC of the event Dermot Healy quoted, this is a Hugh achievement for the rally and in fact is the first ever FIA Historic Round to be hosted in Ireland.

Last year’s event was observered by a member of the FIA governing body. He was highly impressed in particular with the classic stages, the high standard of organisation of the event and also by the Killarney town itself, with its scenery and hospitality.

Receiving FIA status is a major boost to the event overall, as we are already attracting considerable interest from competitors from all over Europe, America andone competitor already confirmed all the way from New Zealand.

taken from their Facebook page here :)

I guess there is no getting rid of it now ...

dmeehan wrote: »
    I guess there is no getting rid of it now ...

Not this coming year anyways!

A harbour seal has made his way to deep within the freshwater lakes of Killarney and has been spotted alongside cormorants eyeing up salmon.

more here from the Irish Examiner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

kerry4sam wrote: »

Sure Killarney is popular with all sorts of tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

kerry4sam wrote: »

"A harbour seal has made his way to deep within the freshwater lakes of Killarney and has been spotted alongside cormorants eyeing up salmon".

I would imagine the Anglers (on the Lakes and River Laune) are non too happy !

I lost an earring in Killarney today, must've come loose when I was getting my hair cut, and only realised after reaching home. I went back in re-tracing my steps an low & behold!

To the male who handed my earring to the girls in the coffee shop this afternoon, in the off chance you are reading here, - Thank You :)

Anyone out in the town tonight? Can't afford to go...sickened :( Happy St Patricks day ...

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Anyone out in the town tonight? Can't afford to go...sickened :( Happy St Patricks day ...

Drove through town earlier,some crowd of pissed up fellas around the streets, looks like it could be a messy night......
    wish i was in there with them:P

• Advertisement

messy alrite but l feel l'm missing out!

Advertisement