Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

...Happy St Patricks day ...

Happy St. Patricks Day to you too & Everyone reading in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads where is sporty's gym on main street, not on google maps??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

^^ and ladies *ahem*

I know this one is there, never been tho...http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sportys-Gym-Killarney/106503052718128

chill, i meant lads in general, boys and girls, :) where is it though? I can see main street but not the gym??

l'm chilled :D

Do u know where Mac's resturante?...l'm pretty sure its near there..l don't know the exact spot just know its on Main Street..

• Advertisement

yea, starting karate on tuesday with my son, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

l'm chilled :D

Do u know where Mac's resturante?...l'm pretty sure its near there..l don't know the exact spot just know its on Main Street..

the entrance is next door to mac's..on the other side from the 2euro shop, its on the second floor,more or less over mac's

Has anyone any photos from the parade today they would like to share? I was delighted to hear that Bishop Murphy was our grand-Marshal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

anyone know who won the parade? Sportys is up the stairs nextdoor to Macs.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭DonR8

Does any one know where the Fás office has move to in town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Its at the top of High St. Just after the shop (Daybreak?). http://goo.gl/maps/al89L Its signposted.

Its very hard to find.

They should never have moved from their office at the Jarvey Stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭DonR8

never notice it there.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Is there any restaurant that's good for birthdays- I want them to bring a friend for dinner and I want the staff to surprise my friend with a birthday cake or other type of dessert, nothing too spectacular! Is there any restaurant's that do this? Somewhere like the Ross?

Try Mac's http://www.macsofmainstreet.com/ l always eat there when l'm in town, not sure about parties but l'v seen large groups of people been catered for...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd imagine any restaurant will do it, just ring your favourite ones and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Hi All

We're back for another Season.

Please feel free to drop in and enjoy a cuppa in the best located Coffee Shop in Kerry.

Again, thank you for all your support over the last 4 years. It is a great story for our families and young adults.

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

newman10 wrote: »
    Hi All

Please feel free to drop in and enjoy a cuppa in the best located Coffee Shop in Kerry.

Again, thank you for all your support over the last 4 years. It is a great story for our families and young adults.

Pat

Great news for a great place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Hi All

Pat

And where's this please

Hi All

Pat

Ah Pat, delighted! Always Massive Welcome & Great Service in such peaceful surroundings of Deenach Lodge.

Thanks for letting us know :)
    And where's this please

Deenach Lodge. Just inside the gate to the National Park opposite St. Marys Cathedral :)

And where's this please

At King's Bridge in the National Park Deenach Lodge is indeed a National Treasure!

http://goo.gl/maps/p5aPT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

And where's this please

Deenach Lodge is at the entrance to the National Park opposite the Cathedral.

It is used as a Coffee Shop by the Kerry Branch of Down Syndrome Ireland to give work experience and a safe work environment to adults in Kerry.

It is far more than a Coffee shop in that it offers integration and confidence for both our adults and the people of Killarney without whom the venture would not survive.

We at the branch are grateful for your support because it means much more than a job to the people at Deenach and I would also like to thank all those other employers who employ a disabled person and their co-workers who empower the disabled

Pat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

It is used as a Coffee Shop by the Kerry Branch of Down Syndrome Ireland to give work experience and a safe work environment to adults in Kerry.

It is far more than a Coffee shop in that it offers integration and confidence for both our adults and the people of Killarney without whom the venture would not survive.

We at the branch are grateful for your support because it means much more than a job to the people at Deenach and I would also like to thank all those other employers who employ a disabled person and their co-workers who empower the disabled

Pat
    That sounds brilliant, keep up the good work!

get yourself to karate lessons in sporty's gym, my son and i started a few weeks ago, really enjoying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Pat

Sounds like a neat place. Must try it out when in Killarney next. And a cause close to my heart. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Which would you say are the most "Touristy" pubs in Killarney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Which would you say are the most "Touristy" pubs in Killarney?

O'Connor's

O'Donoghue's

Danny Mann

Grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    O'Connor's

O'Donoghue's

Danny Mann

Grand

Thanks Axel, Any other suggestions,Was planning a bit of a pub crawl with some visitors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Thanks Axel, Any other suggestions,Was planning a bit of a pub crawl with some visitors

Add The Laurels to your list!

Murphys/ Lord Kenmares....do nice food also! :D

• Advertisement

Least touristy pubs in Killarney?

Advertisement