Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

More Great news for Killarney right here with being named Best Holiday Town in The Irish Times Best Place to Holiday in Ireland competition.

Having cycled around the Loop Head peninsula in Clare I am not surprised at their success in Clare - simply stunning!

Well Done to all involved with this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads if any of you are thinking, or just interested, in giving karate a go, I cant recommend Kerry Shotokan Karate School enough. My eight year old and I started in March and are up for grading next month. It's a really nice group.

It's in Sporty's Gym, tuesday at 6pm.

http://www.kerryshotokan.com

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Hiwazup

Does anyone know where I can find an apartment/ house in the town for the summer? I would be sharing with one person (or maybe two if the best we can get is a 3 bed house) and would prefer the town centre rather than out towards Dalys or the Tralee Road (max as far as Woodlawn I guess). Even if you have any good websites even that would be great! :D [If this is in the wrong place feel free to move it, I just felt as its a Killarney themed post it seemed logical to put it here :)]

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eadbhard

Our small organisation (background local charity, philosophy, history research) is looking for permanent premises in or around Killarney. it could be a building which is not used and the owner wants to have somebody in there to keep an eye on it, or any other building or premises which could be used for meetings once or twice a week. ideal would be one room for approx. 30 people plus a small anteroom to keep folders and bookshelves.

We are meeting in hotels in and near Killarney but the costs are too high.

thanks for any idea

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Eadbhard wrote: »

If you are a social or cultural organisation you could consider the Cultural Centre on East Ave Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Eadbhard wrote: »
    Our small organisation (background local charity, philosophy, history research) is looking for permanent premises in or around Killarney. it could be a building which is not used and the owner wants to have somebody in there to keep an eye on it, or any other building or premises which could be used for meetings once or twice a week. ideal would be one room for approx. 30 people plus a small anteroom to keep folders and bookshelves.

thanks for any idea

Tomorrow is the release of the Weekly Killarney Advertiser which could provide you with a solution. It lists premises for let or rent and could be helpful so look in the shops around town tomorrow evening and you should get your hand on a copy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

Did anyone hear any news on a motorbike accident coming from the Cork approach about 5 o clock?

I was just heading home to Cork and the person was on the floor and a few cars had pulled in.I think it must have just happened a minute or two before.

Just checked and it is now on RTE news that it was a woman and she has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

2 Killed in seperate crashes in the Killarney area, shocking stuff.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0601/453994-kerry-crash/

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

very sad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The motorbike crash looked bad and the guards had the road closed going into Killarney this evening for the Kerry match, in fairness to the GAA they held the start time of the game for 15mins and I just made it in on time as I was fifteen minutes late because of the crash.

I recall some poor guy getting killed last year or the year before out near Brennans Glen too off a motorbike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Eadbhard

It was one of the Harley Davidson bikers, sad, very sad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Terrible news RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

The Coastguard Helicopter just landed at KGH after a callout to the northern side of the Ring of Kerry near Cahersiveen. I hope that's not another crash, it has been an awful weekend already on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

More bad news I'm afraid. Another crash in town, outside the Dromhall hotel here on the Muckross Road. Road closed off from woodlawn cross to the bottom of Countess Road. Saw a handful of Garda cars plus at least two firetrucks.
    Hopefully nobody is badly hurt. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

madcabbage wrote: »
    More bad news I'm afraid. Another crash in town, outside the Dromhall hotel here on the Muckross Road. Road closed off from woodlawn cross to the bottom of Countess Road. Saw a handful of Garda cars plus at least two firetrucks.
    Hopefully nobody is badly hurt. :(

Jaysus, that's not good

• Registered Users Posts: 5 John.w. Byrne

Just moved to Beaufort ( Killarney)

Wife needs a salon ! And i need the peace !

Nearest one ? recommended salon near by ?

Thank you

Ps Im paying for it so no 5 star 100 euros for a cut lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Dont know a hairdressers in Beaufort but try Sean Taaffe, never been but always here great things about the place must try them sometime! Their in the town....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster. Anyone heard of plans to have a complex down next to Killarney Celtic soccer pitch?? Indoor pitches, a pool, bowling etc. Also apparently will be a training centre for the Kerry Stars special Olympics team. Heard a rumour about it so thought I would ask

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Labyrinthfish

Theres a hairdressers in Fossa area, that's near Beaufort

www.facebook.com/FossaHairSalonKillarney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

dobman88 wrote: »
    Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster. Anyone heard of plans to have a complex down next to Killarney Celtic soccer pitch?? Indoor pitches, a pool, bowling etc. Also apparently will be a training centre for the Kerry Stars special Olympics team. Heard a rumour about it so thought I would ask

Never heard that, where did you hear it?

• Advertisement

Mate I work with does some voluntary work for the Kerry Special Olympic team and he mentioned something might be in the pipeline for a facility like that. Could just be pure speculation though

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Kerry Stars SO club have plans to develop a pitch/running track and hall. There is an agreement with Killarney UDC regarding the site but the club have to raise the funds for the building.

While they have raised some money, the club still have a long way to go.

It would be of great benefit to the disabled athletes and their families in our community, considering we have Special Olympic Gold medalists in our locality

Would be a great addition to the town if it was open to the public. Would be something different to keep us occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

The sun brought the crowds out to Ross Castle in Killarney on Saturday. Here is a couple of pictures from the early afternoon.

http://smu.gs/17AroKD

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Just moved to Beaufort ( Killarney)

Wife needs a salon ! And i need the peace !

Nearest one ? recommended salon near by ?

Thank you

Ps Im paying for it so no 5 star 100 euros for a cut lol

Welcome to Beaufort :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Can anybody tell me where The Department of Arts, Heritage & the Gaeltacht is in Killarney

Sully34 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me where The Department of Arts, Heritage & the Gaeltacht is in Killarney

Across from the Garda station at the top of High Street. 5 min walk from town centre. Walk all the way up high street, at the traffic lights turn left and you will be looking at it :)

Across from the Garda station at the top of High Street. 5 min walk from town centre. Walk all the way up high street, at the traffic lights turn left and you will be looking at it :)
    Is it part of the Government Offices,that big glass building?

Sully34 wrote: »
    Is it part of the Government Offices,that big glass building?

Yeah the big glass one. It is in there somewhere, I have never been in so I don't know what floor/room number etc.

• Advertisement

Yeah the big glass one. It is in there somewhere, I have never been in so I don't know what floor/room number etc.
    Sound bud I was on the right track

Advertisement