Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

madcabbage wrote: »
    You could always go on the bumpers while Birds Bazaar is still in town! :p

When do Birds migrate to Puck?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

When do Birds migrate to Puck?

They leave Killarney on the 8th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

anyone going to the christmas party tonight? cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Really?... Jesus we've just had a heatwave and they're onto Xmas parties already! Typical Irish mentality!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Really?... Jesus we've just had a heatwave and they're onto Xmas parties already! Typical Irish mentality!! :rolleyes:

Its in the grand every year at this time. Xmas jumpers and all. Just a bit of fun, not an "Xmas party" but an "xmas theme party" :) usually a good laugh but im working so wont be going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

The German Butchers in Fossa are closing their doors for good next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I was in there my one and only time about 6 weeks ago, got some burgers off them. They were really tasty but the place inside just seemed incredibly dated and old fashioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

#

That is the end of an era :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

I'll miss the really friendly service, the end of an era indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Man to Appear in Court after throwing Petrol Bomb at Killarney Garda Station :

An ignited container of petrol was thrown at the wall of the station at 7.15 yesterday morning.

Nobody was injured in the incident.

It led to a small fire outside the building, causing minor damage.
    A local man in his 20s, who was fleeing the scene, was arrested by Gardaí, and is appearing before Judge James O Connor.

The bloody ounshuck! How he thought he could he could achieve anything beyond trouble for himself is a mystery to me.

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Man to Appear in Court after throwing Petrol Bomb at Killarney Garda Station :

The bloody ounshuck! How he thought he could he could achieve anything beyond trouble for himself is a mystery to me.

What a complete fool, what do people be thinking!! And getting auld Jamsie out of bed on a Bank Holiday weekend isn't going to do him any favours. Must surely get prison for that or the Gards will be a proper laughing stock

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Hi all,

anyone got any recomendations for a landscaper/ garden designer in the milltown/ killarney/ tralee area?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

The German butchers closes in Fossa, but a French Bakery opens in Killarney. Petit Delice has a place in Cahersiveen and has opened at the top of High street across from O'Shea's Tyres. I've no link to the place except for the criossants in my belly!

2j0jfbb.jpg

2rmr2c3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Does anyone know where HP Nutrition is located?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

kaji wrote: »
    Does anyone know where HP Nutrition is located?

Warehouse units beside the Toyota Garage in Whitebridge https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=52.057278,-9.477105&spn=0.001036,0.002411&sll=52.05697,-9.477564&sspn=0.003773,0.009141&t=h&z=19

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

madrabui wrote: »
    The German butchers closes in Fossa, but a French Bakery opens in Killarney. Petit Delice has a place in Cahersiveen and has opened at the top of High street across from O'Shea's Tyres. I've no link to the place except for the criossants in my belly!

2j0jfbb.jpg

2rmr2c3.jpg

As long as they dont go to war with the German bakers over who has the rights to the Continental name everything should be ok.:p

Pity about the German butcher. Used to get some savage venison from there from time to time. It's location was always working against it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

68Murph68 wrote: »
    As long as they dont go to war with the German bakers over who has the rights to the Continental name everything should be ok.:p

Pity about the German butcher. Used to get some savage venison from there from time to time. It's location was always working against it though.

I think it closed due to retirement more than reccesion I think. The owner interviewed on radio kerry last week. He had been there 30 odd years and it was time to retire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

numorouno wrote: »
    I think it closed due to retirement more than reccesion I think. The owner interviewed on radio kerry last week. He had been there 30 odd years and it was time to retire

That's right. I know one of the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

madrabui wrote: »

2j0jfbb.jpg

2rmr2c3.jpg

Thanks for the directions; went looking for it last Tuesday as had visitors went up as fair as Eagers and then gave up on it... Looking forward to trying it. Eventually got cupcakes in Wholesome Fayre!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

High Street isn't that big to find it!!

• Advertisement

High Street isn't that big to find it!!

Was thinking the same myself, you can see it if you walk about 10 yards past eagers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BillG

The German butchers closing! :eek:

Where will I get my rabbit and venison from now!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

BillG wrote: »
    The German butchers closing! :eek:

Where will I get my rabbit and venison from now!!!!!!

The Killarney National Park! Get your hunting boots on! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BillG

The Killarney National Park! Get your hunting boots on! :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've just arrived in Killarney & see that the East Avenue Café is no longer. What a pity! We had a cracking meal there last year.
    Any recommendations for somewhere similar & kid-friendly for an evening meal?

I've just arrived in Killarney & see that the East Avenue Café is no longer. What a pity! We had a cracking meal there last year.
    Any recommendations for somewhere similar & kid-friendly for an evening meal?

Mac's restaurant on Main Street. Never had a problem there and not expensive. Or Salvadors on high street, Italian with some Irish favourites on the menu. Again, not expensive and never had a problem there :) Hope that helps, enjoy the break :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks. Ended up in The Smoke House. A bit pricier than I had planned for tonight. However, the food & service were spectacular! We'll deffo go back again before we leave.

Never been to The Smokehouse myself (spoiled for choice in town) but I have heard great things about it.

A question for you Mr Hill Billy, would you know how much a taxi is from Ballsbridge to Tallaght? Going to Dublin on Friday and will get the Luas out to Tallaght but will need a taxi back to Ballsbridge. (I just saw you are a Dublin Mod so thought I would ask) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

dobman88 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same myself, you can see it if you walk about 10 yards past eagers :pac:

Well I was literally on my 15 minute break from lunch & work up near the outlet center! Past it on Saturday night; might be blind but didnt see any sign over the building.

• Advertisement

Sure from the Outlet Centre its at least a 10 minute walk to the top of high street. Don't think there is any sign above the door yet but it is literally across the road from O' Sheas tyres at the top of High Street, if you walk just on past eagers and look over to your left, you will see it. Haven't been there yet myself but a few friends said its pretty good.

Advertisement