Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 666o666

I am a liebherr worker and have been for nearly 15 years. things have changed in the factory since the recession . firstly the pressure being put on workers has grown significantly over the last few years, we do get a weekly bonus allowance, but the bonus depends how fast you work, analysts are employed by liebherr to cut times on jobs, so we have to work harder and faster to keep up with the bonus. certain lads arze lick and get all the good jobs. some lads like myself refuse to lick up so we get given sh1t jobs, :mad: we struggle to make bonus and are subsequently hauled up and given warnings. 1 verbal warning, 2 written warnings and your out..... you are all looking at liebherr as the best employer in Kerry .... the 11 point plan they are trying to inplement for the 2.5 percent rise would not only affect peoples lives not just mentaly but socially.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

I have never seen so much b!tching from adults in all my life. Oh, they make us work hard. Poor us. It is a job, not super happy fun time. If it's a hard job, why do you stay, nobody forcing you. Would want to be growing up and get over it. A lot of people crying out for work and people in here complaining about their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

dobman88 wrote: »
    I have never seen so much b!tching from adults in all my life. Oh, they make us work hard. Poor us. It is a job, not super happy fun time. If it's a hard job, why do you stay, nobody forcing you. Would want to be growing up and get over it. A lot of people crying out for work and people in here complaining about their job.

Where do you work?

you have obviously not worked in this sort of environment .....
    if you had ,you would understand that people doing shiftwork can not do courses , not even evening courses. yes there are greedy people working in that place, but not all of us are. I am a caring person and feel trapped in a job that I hate. I would gladly do a job like caring for lesser wages. money isn't everything but pride in yourself is,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Would any of the liebherr 'strikers' care to comment on the fact that to cover the hours lost while on the picket. They clocked back in and done a few hours overtime to make up for the lost money?

• Advertisement

Would any of the liebherr 'strikers' care to comment on the fact that to cover the hours lost while on the picket. They clocked back in and done a few hours overtime to make up for the lost money?

I don't know where you got your information , but it was an official SIPTU strike the only people who worked the day of the strike were office workers and non SIPTU workers. Nobody went back to work . Get your facts straight before commenting on this serious situation. By the look of your boards profile you are an habitual poster and just doing this post to get comments back. V SAD

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Where do you work?

What difference does that make?? I work in a big hotel in town

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juve39

Michael999999 i think i know why your so bitter,your a liebherr REJECT who got kicked out on his arse for being lazy useless arsehole with a BIG mouth.godbless

juve39 wrote: »
    Michael999999 i think i know why your so bitter,your a liebherr REJECT who got kicked out on his arse for being lazy useless arsehole with a BIG mouth.godbless

Your not very intelligent obviously, I have been supporting Liebherr.

Maybe if you worked a bit harder you might meet your deadlines. I can see why the Germans are trying to put manners on you!

Maybe if you worked a bit harder you might meet your deadlines. I can see why the Germans are trying to put manners on you!

So I take it you work in one of the Liebherr hotels in Killarney then???.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭listrybabe

as i was the first poster to enquire about what was happening in liebherr i think i should share what i now think...
    yes michael l 999999 i think it is quite obvious that you have been supporting liebherr but not the men employed their. you have made lots of claims about wages men are on and lots of other FACTS as you call them all of which have been refuted by employees on here especially toffee dave and cieaim, and here you go again saying as a FACT that men clocked in after the strike to do overtime' well i have made enquiries and yet again you are wrong so if you dont mind would you please refrain from making up lies and stick to the FACTS. thank you

listrybabe wrote: »
    as i was the first poster to enquire about what was happening in liebherr i think i should share what i now think...
    yes michael l 999999 i think it is quite obvious that you have been supporting liebherr but not the men employed their. you have made lots of claims about wages men are on and lots of other FACTS as you call them all of which have been refuted by employees on here especially toffee dave and cieaim, and here you go again saying as a FACT that men clocked in after the strike to do overtime' well i have made enquiries and yet again you are wrong so if you dont mind would you please refrain from making up lies and stick to the FACTS. thank you

Thank you listry babe. My words exactly. Michael999999 is just trying to stir the SH1T pot. With nothing to back it up ., just personal opinions. Which hold no truth. This is one of the reasons people in Killarney donor support us . Vicious rumours and lies.

Michael999999 your so full of ****,you dont know what work is,no wonder liebherr kicked your arse out the door.everything you posted is lies , your just bitter cause you didnt measure up to the liebherr standard,Reject
    P.s dobman88 should stick to wearing his big FAKE smile.ARSEHOLE

666o666 wrote: »
    So I take it you work in one of the Liebherr hotels in Killarney then???.

Maybe I'm one of the many happy workers in Liebherr, who do my honest days work, meet my targets, get my bonus. And despise seeing a few people put my job at risk, because they want to get paid more for doing less!

Less whinging from them and constantly complaining how bad they have it and concentrate on there work more, and they would meet there targets aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Shouldn't all this Liebherr back-and-forth go to a new thread? It seems to be taking over the Killarney thread. Seems to be a lot of heat and not much light cast on the issues afaics.

Maybe I'm one of the many happy workers in Liebherr, who do my honest days work, meet my targets, get my bonus. And despise seeing a few people put my job at risk, because they want to get paid more for doing less!

Less whinging from them and constantly complaining how bad they have it and concentrate on there work more, and they would meet there targets aswell!

So michael999999 , are you saying that you would not accept the 2.5% pay rise ? . even though through the actions of your fellow workers ,it would mean that every worker in Liebherr cranes will get the foresaid rise and backdated 2.5%. We are not just fighting for SIPTU members we are fighting for all the workers . Personally I would prefer you not to get the pay rise . It's your choice . Support Liebherr if you want . The workers are the ones supporting the community and businesses of Killarney

666o666 wrote: »
    So michael999999 , are you saying that you would not accept the 2.5% pay rise ? . even though through the actions of your fellow workers ,it would mean that every worker in Liebherr cranes will get the foresaid rise and backdated 2.5%. We are not just fighting for SIPTU members we are fighting for all the workers . Personally I would prefer you not to get the pay rise . It's your choice . Support Liebherr if you want . The workers are the ones supporting the community and businesses of Killarney

Id also prefer to keep my job and all the lazy bolexes were ****ed out on there ass.

And when the strikers get the factory closed down, how much support is that going to give the economy?

Id also prefer to keep my job and all the lazy bolexes were ****ed out on there ass.

And when the strikers get the factory closed down, how much support is that going to give the economy?[/

6660666 what do you think of the movie rob Roy??????

P.s dobman88 should stick to wearing his big FAKE smile.ARSEHOLE

I don't think I did smile!!

• Advertisement

6660666 what do you think of the movie rob Roy??????

No cryptic names

Here ye go lads, your very own thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057108085

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Does anyone know why Tesco filling station in DeerPark do not display their prices as they are required to by law? Yesterday they were displaying 0.00 for petrol and 0.00 for diesel. There were no queues for the "free" fuel and I was charged 1.51/l of diesel. Diesel in Tralee is nearly 10c cheaper! When they opened first a few years ago they were good value but not anymore!

Does anyone know why Tesco filling station in DeerPark do not display their prices as they are required to by law? Yesterday they were displaying 0.00 for petrol and 0.00 for diesel. There were no queues for the "free" fuel and I was charged 1.51/l of diesel. Diesel in Tralee is nearly 10c cheaper! When they opened first a few years ago they were good value but not anymore!

It's been at 0:00 at the entrance for months now. They do display it at the roundabout (even though I think that wasn't displaying anything yesterday). I assume they display the price per litre at the pump itself so therefore are complying with the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

From Citizens Advice:

The Retail Prices (Diesel and Petrol) Display Order, 1997 requires that service stations display the prices for petrol and diesel. The notice must be clearly visible from the side of the road and be in writing at least 20cm in height. The Order specifies that the prices must be displayed in litres. In addition, the actual price charged at the petrol pump must match the price displayed.

From Citizens Advice:

The Retail Prices (Diesel and Petrol) Display Order, 1997 requires that service stations display the prices for petrol and diesel. The notice must be clearly visible from the side of the road and be in writing at least 20cm in height. The Order specifies that the prices must be displayed in litres. In addition, the actual price charged at the petrol pump must match the price displayed.

Interesting. Surprised it hasn't been solved because it's literally like that with months.

Interesting. Surprised it hasn't been solved because it's literally like that with months.

The extra ten cent a litre is 'tourist' tax!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

They probably don't have to solve anything as they "usually" have the price up at the round about. It only takes them half the time maybe less to change the numbers at the the entrance itself so they have no reason to be leaving it the way it is apart from not scaring away people with their ludicrous prices. Brim the tank when in Tralee ;) my how the times have changed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Hi lads

Can anyone recommend a dentist that's open tomorrow for an emergency repair job - a small procedure!

Thanks!!

• Advertisement

Hi lads

Can anyone recommend a dentist that's open tomorrow for an emergency repair job - a small procedure!

Thanks!!

Dr. Nik Nomikos above Daly's Super Valu. Open until 2pm. Think it's appointment only but might be able to sort you out.

Advertisement