Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Radio5 wrote: »
    Is Park Medical Centre not Dr.Gary Stack's surgery on Park Road ?

Coming from town centre go through Tesco Roundabout and go on for about 200 metres and its on the left ?

AFAIK there is no doctor in the Hegartys complex, just the pharmacy.

Sorry about that kaji, I didn't know about that docs office. I just assumed you meant the pharmacy at Hegartys. Hope you found what you were looking for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭careful_now

kaji wrote: »
    Does anyone know where exactly Park Medical Centre is in Killarney? Somewhere on the Park Rd. but can't find it! Need to know really soon, if anyone knows, would appreciate it greatly!!

There's a Park Medical Centre above Daly's Super Valu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Anyone travelled by road to Cork recently?

Where exactly in Macroom are the roadworks and is there any way of avoiding them? Are they in operation on Saturdays?

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Radio5 wrote: »
    Anyone travelled by road to Cork recently?

Where exactly in Macroom are the roadworks and is there any way of avoiding them? Are they in operation on Saturdays?

Tks
    They're on the main street going through Macroom. The delays didn't seem that bad last week unless you were travelling at peak time where the combination of stop/go traffic and backlog make it quite a bit worse.

I don't know how they can be avoided, sorry.

Documentary on tv3 tonight at 8pm called The Park. I think it will be a 4-part doc about each season in Killarney National Park. I cannot wait for it. We really are lucky to have it and call it home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Thanks Ill sky+ it!

Does anyone know a restaruant in Killarney that is Vegetarian or does Vegetarian well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Just a heads up to everyone here we stopped in brown sugar cafe behind Super Valu yesterday evening and its awful.

I never met such a ignorant girl in my life that took our order and all we got was reheated crap. The place looks lovely from the outside but avoid at all costs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

The Brown Sugar restaruant is excellent for Breakfast and I have allways found the staff to be very professional and corteous!

I wonder whether this has something to do with the first busy weekend of the season and systems not working properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Truckermal wrote: »
    Just a heads up to everyone here we stopped in brown sugar cafe behind Super Valu yesterday evening and its awful.

I never met such a ignorant girl in my life that took our order and all we got was reheated crap. The place looks lovely from the outside but avoid at all costs!!!!

Have to agree with this but imo the food is ok. Was made wait 20 min for a Club sandwich and got a F**k you attitude.
    Regret that I did not complain to the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hi does anybody know where you can do meditation or minfullness classes in killarney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The Brown Sugar restaruant is excellent for Breakfast and I have allways found the staff to be very professional and corteous!

I wonder whether this has something to do with the first busy weekend of the season and systems not working properly?

Never had a problem there with either the food or the service and have been there many, many times.

If anyone has a problem in a restaurant and they feel strongly enough about it, do something about it at the time. Ask to see the manager and if he or she isn't immediately available and you have to leave, get their name and contact details and contact them as soon as feasible.

I have a few friends who run their own businesses, not just restaurants and cafes, and they say that its 100% better for them to hear about a complaint at the time if possible, or as soon as possible thereafter, so that they can try and do something about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

will it be as mobbed tonight like new years??

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

will it be as mobbed tonight like new years??
    I find the crowds linger around town for a few hours but generally the town quietens down; as families go home and people have enough consumed of the craic throughout the day.. Might find the odd few who can last the pace.

The place was very quiet but I knew we weren't wanted from the moment I approached the counter, I agree with the other poster about complaining to a manager so I am going to follow it up.

I've never had a problem in Brown Sugar. Whenever I go for breakfast in Killarney, I either go to Salvadors or Brown Sugar. My Dad will only go to Brown Sugar and he is very hard to please.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Thanks Ill sky+ it!

Does anyone know a restaruant in Killarney that is Vegetarian or does Vegetarian well?

Try the Stonechat up near the O2 shop!!

Does anyone know how the local councillors get your name and address?? I am living in a rented house in Killarney with my girlfriend and we missed one of the local councillors the other day and he left a note on a flyer addressed to me personally without my girlfriends name on it.

I am not registered with anything or registered to vote. All my mail still goes to my parents house so how do they get my name? It doesn't bother me, I'm just wondering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

dobman88 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the local councillors get your name and address?? I am living in a rented house in Killarney with my girlfriend and we missed one of the local councillors the other day and he left a note on a flyer addressed to me personally without my girlfriends name on it.

I am not registered with anything or registered to vote. All my mail still goes to my parents house so how do they get my name? It doesn't bother me, I'm just wondering.

They usually have a couple of your neighbours, who they would have sorted planning permissions for canvassing with them.

They usually have a couple of your neighbours, who they would have sorted planning permissions for canvassing with them.

I thought that too but I'm not well known by the people around me and none of the neighbours on the estate were out canvassing. I asked my next door neighbour and she said that she didn't know the people canvassing either. I only really see the neighbours either side of me anyway so it's a strange on.

Damn politicians have too much power :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I thought that too but I'm not well known by the people around me and none of the neighbours on the estate were out canvassing. I asked my next door neighbour and she said that she didn't know the people canvassing either. I only really see the neighbours either side of me anyway so it's a strange on.

Damn politicians have too much power :pac:

They probably have the voting register.

• Advertisement

They probably have the voting register.

I'm not registered to vote. I've never voted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

I'm not registered to vote. I've never voted.

An Post I believe could be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

The local mafia, all the successful ones have moles everywhere, don't think your anonymous:eek:

can someone tell me is the gap of dunloe far from kate kearneys cottage? as in is it a long walk up? me & a friend went there today but she wouldnt walk or drive up the road, thought it would be too far :(

Wouldn't recommend driving up. Very tight and awkward. It is a bit of a walk but it won't kill you. Maybe get a jarvey horse up there?

Wouldn't recommend driving up. Very tight and awkward. It is a bit of a walk but it won't kill you. Maybe get a jarvey horse up there?

would it be like a 30min walk? we drove up a tiny bit but turned around, she got too scared:pac:

+1 I drove it before but it's extremely dangerous with all the Jarveys meeting and in front of you plus the road gets boring after a while.

+1 I drove it before but it's extremely dangerous with all the Jarveys meeting and in front of you plus the road gets boring after a while.

just aswell we turned around

Its manageable but certainly not a relaxing drive as you can't sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

• Advertisement

Advertisement