Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

netflix adn new features

• 19-11-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

can you access netflix on the new xbox thingy..

or is it only us based people.. any other things im missing out on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

us only im afraid which is crap because it seems like a cool service!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

1) Sign up at Netflix.com. Give them a fake US address. It has to be valid though.
    2) Sign up at Entropay.com. Use that virtual VISA card to pay for Netflix
    3) Open up a US Xbox Live Account (Silver is fine)
    4) Sign in on 360, go to video section, download Netflix application.
    5) Open app. Choose to use a gold account. Select your main account. Get activation code.
    6) Find proxy, go online to www.netflix.com/activate
    7) Stay on proxy, add titles on website.
    8) They pop up IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.

Haven't tried it myself but seemingly it works!

Bros123 wrote: »
    1) Sign up at Netflix.com. Give them a fake US address. It has to be valid though.
    2) Sign up at Entropay.com. Use that virtual VISA card to pay for Netflix
    3) Open up a US Xbox Live Account (Silver is fine)
    4) Sign in on 360, go to video section, download Netflix application.
    5) Open app. Choose to use a gold account. Select your main account. Get activation code.
    6) Find proxy, go online to www.netflix.com/activate
    7) Stay on proxy, add titles on website.
    8) They pop up IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.

Haven't tried it myself but seemingly it works!

will report back on this.

dazftw wrote: »
    will report back on this.

Trying it myself here now.Will be handy if it does as Netflix have a free 2 week trial!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

And get banned from Xbox live. Do that at your own risk. Having a US account on a european 360 will get you banned. Its against Xbox terms, they stated this a while back when the movie downloads weren't available in Europe.

Plus sony today have pulled all sony movies from Netflix xbox 360. Which is a lot of movies.

Lads your NXE experience won't last long if you do the netflix hack.

• Advertisement

ROC1977 wrote: »
    And get banned from Xbox live. Do that at your own risk. Having a US account on a european 360 will get you banned. Its against Xbox terms, they stated this a while back when the movie downloads weren't available in Europe.

Plus sony today have pulled all sony movies from Netflix xbox 360. Which is a lot of movies.

xbox or profile?

I have an American account for the last 3 years which I use all the time and I am on Live most days.Never had a problem.
    And I would hardly call it a hack,I save that for other "electronics";)

like all the bans Xbox. I mean barring a profile you just created wouldn't stop you creating another one.
    I created a US profile in the past myself, before MS warned people if they did they will be banned from live. All to get a HD movie that wasn't here in Ireland's marketplace yet. It was then around the same time MS realized what people where doing.

like all the bans Xbox. I mean barring a profile you just created wouldn't stop you creating another one.
    I created a US profile in the past myself, before MS warned people if they did they will be banned from live. All to get a HD movie that wasn't here in Ireland's marketplace yet. It was then around the same time MS realized what people where doing.

did you get banned? damnit I want netflix!!! screw it im going try it anyway! Two of my friends have had us accounts for over a year and nothings happened to them.

Bros123 wrote: »
    I have an American account for the last 3 years which I use all the time and I am on Live most days.Never had a problem.
    And I would hardly call it a hack,I save that for other "electronics";)

So you've got a US profile which you use on xbox live. That you gave a US address for, ZIP CODE, etc. Do you pay for anything like DLC using it, or movies?

I was banned around that time. I'm not saying I was banned for the US profile or for other reasons(prob the later). But Major Nelsons blog did say faking a profile to get region locked content will get you banned.

But slightly off topic, why bother with netflix. Plenty of other ways to get movies online and play them on your 360 for free. lol

• Advertisement

So you've got a US profile which you use on xbox live. That you gave a US address for, ZIP CODE, etc. Do you pay for anything like DLC using it, or movies?

I was banned around that time. I'm not saying I was banned for the US profile or for other reasons(prob the later). But Major Nelsons blog did say faking a profile to get region locked content will get you banned.

But slightly off topic, why bother with netflix. Plenty of other ways to get movies online and play them on your 360 for free. lol

yes but this is streaming goodness which id love :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Report back daz, interesting to know the result.

It works!;)

its works but I got no sound? Like it works up to the point where I play something and then it just stops.. ok... fixed it... I have to turn off my tv and turn it back on.. wtf?

was watching the office and the quality was amazing :eek:

kinda a waste of time now.. have to use all dodgy accounts etc etc and I can be bothered doing that and dont want to run the risk of being banned. damn americans getting all the good services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Keep in mind you need a Gold Xbox Live Account too for Netflix, so that's a second subscription you gotta pay. Not worth the hassle, I'm sure they'll block this soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I've had a US account on my xbox since I bought it as well, but not intentionally - the hotmail address I used for my account had an american address on it so it automatically set my profile as US. I even rang microsoft to ask them to change it (because I can't use my credit card to pay for points because the addresses don't match.) and they said it couldn't be changed now without creating a new account. I didn't want to lose my gamer points and achievements so I told them I wouldn't create a new account, they said there was nothing they could do. So in effect, microsoft have turned down money but not allowing me to use my credit card :eek:

Advertisement