Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About the House

• 19-11-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I can't seem to be able to find any video links to the current series of About the House on RTE's website?

I'd like to see the bit from episode 3 on the sound insulation section for internal walls

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I can't seem to be able to find any video links to the current series of About the House on RTE's website?

I'd like to see the bit from episode 3 on the sound insulation section for internal walls

As far as I know they don't have it up there. There is a link to the first episode on the production companys site. http://www.earthhorizon.ie/home/
    Contacting them may help.

The sound proofing item was specifically related to party walls seperating semi's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Lex you have asked alot about insulation this week! Lots of threads.

Check out Rockwools site for good details on sound proofing internal stud walls.

100mm thick flexi, friction fitted between studs with 2 no 9.5mm thick slabs to one side of wall is hard to beat! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

RKQ wrote: »
    Lex you have asked alot about insulation this week! Lots of threads.

Check out Rockwools site for good details on sound proofing internal stud walls.

100mm thick flexi, friction fitted between studs with 2 no 9.5mm thick slabs to one side of wall is hard to beat! :)

I know RKQ. Not only do I want to insulate more of my attic, I want to not hear my neighbours every fart/whine/burp from the bedroom.

I'm getting wardrobes put in my bedroom soon onto the wall between the 2 houses so now is the time to be thinking about doing something

Advertisement