Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone mobile tv..

• 19-11-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

has any1 used it???? i just seen it on the website and am thinking of changing to the vodafone network from meteor just for this......

is it worth lossing my free txt for??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

has any1 used it???? i just seen it on the website and am thinking of changing to the vodafone network from meteor just for this......

is it worth lossing my free txt for??

I wouldn't, not unless it's changed a lot since it launched. I switched to Vodafone when they launched the first 3G phones and was very disappointed with what they had. Most of the news was just video clips that played on a constant loop. However, it's been a while since I last used it, so I'm open to correction.
    Also, very little of it was free, so you would be giving up free texts for something that costs money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Vodafone do free texts to all irish networks now as well, but their mobile tv leaves an awful lot to be desired. I wouldn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

i watched padrig harrington win his 3rd major on my n95 it cost me €1. for sky for the day quality was ok .
    iwas afraid it would rack up my download packet (i hadn't singed for a bundle at the time)
    it didn't seem to register at all mabye its included in the €1.im not sure
    good experience though. as i refuse to pay sky €40. for 27 days of c**p and 3 days of sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Vodafone do free texts to all irish networks now as well, but their mobile tv leaves an awful lot to be desired. I wouldn't...
    do they??? the site only says 087 to 087!!!

if they do then ill be losing nothing as the web browsing prices are the same as meteor!! whats the 3g coverage like??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

shaywest wrote: »
    i watched padrig harrington win his 3rd major on my n95 it cost me €1. for sky for the day quality was ok .
    iwas afraid it would rack up my download packet (i hadn't singed for a bundle at the time)
    it didn't seem to register at all mabye its included in the €1.im not sure
    good experience though. as i refuse to pay sky €40. for 27 days of c**p and 3 days of sport

question: if my phone has a tv out function, could you hook it up the the 42inch and watch sky sports on that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

im geussing yes. you could. i reckon it would work with an n95 anyways..(take that iphone)
    so is the free txt to every network offer true??? no mention of it on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

so is the free txt to every network offer true??? no mention of it on the website

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/current/

Read under "The details"

It is mentioned in the T&C's also

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/index.jsp#freeanynetwork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cojomo2 wrote: »
    question: if my phone has a tv out function, could you hook it up the the 42inch and watch sky sports on that??
    Yes you could but the quality would be terrible. Mobile tv is encoded for viewing on a tiny screen so stretching it out to 42 inches isn't a good idea

Advertisement