Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts (Joint Honours)

Options
  • 19-11-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm interested in applying for arts in UL next year...Just wondering if anyone who is currently doing the course or has just finished could tell me a bit about it, etc?
    Is it worth doing arts in UL or would I be better off going to a more established arts college, NUIG for example. I'm probably going to pick english, psycology, criminal justice and new media with cultural studies. Any info on these would be greatly appreciated, I cant seem to find much on the website or the prospectus!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

36Degrees wrote: »
    I'm interested in applying for arts in UL next year...Just wondering if anyone who is currently doing the course or has just finished could tell me a bit about it, etc?
    Is it worth doing arts in UL or would I be better off going to a more established arts college, NUIG for example. I'm probably going to pick english, psycology, criminal justice and new media with cultural studies. Any info on these would be greatly appreciated, I cant seem to find much on the website or the prospectus!

This course hasn't had any graduates yet so there won't be too much info out there on it.

Try the admissions office admissions at ul.ie

Just to note that if you are male, an Arts degree is the only degree that will lower your earning power compared to a Leaving Cert qualification on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I'm doing this course now at the moment and I'm in first year.
    12 hours a week.

I'm doing English, History, Criminal Justice and Sociology

You'll love English, the module that you take in first year, has no exam, just three essays worth 30% each and then 10% for tutorials.

As for Criminal Justice, well simply put, it's not what I thought it would be. But I can see how some people can find it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

As for Criminal Justice, well simply put, it's not what I thought it would be.

Well what is it exactly? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

36Degrees wrote: »
    Well what is it exactly? :p

The lecturer, not naming any names, goes too fast and doesn't really explain things that well.
    I'm only in the first semester and well, it's a bit boring to be honest.

It's a lot like CSPE in Junior Cert.

Advertisement