Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what average height+weight of 4yr old boy?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

what average height and weight should be 4 and half yr old boy be?He is 3 foot 7,and big boned.His father is on heavy side,so naturally he would of inherited some of that and on my side side of family my bro is 6 foot 4 and cousins are about same.But Im So sick of hearing ''o he a big child'',I just biting my lip.I Know every child different just to get rough idea of what other 4 and half yr old boys are.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

My boy just turned 4 and he's just over 3 stone and I don't know what height he is but at his development check a couple of months ago he was in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. Yes he's big but i was told the important thing is that he's in proportion. If he was in the 75th percentile for weight and 25th for height then I'd worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Just had a look at the height/weight percentile charts for 4.5 yrs in the books they (HSE) used to give out for babies health checks.

50th centile 'average i.e. 50% of children measured fall into this category'
    Weight 17 Kg (37.48 Lbs - about 2 and 3/4 stone)
    Height 104 cm (40.94 inch - 3' 5'')

97th centile '3% of children measured fall into this category'
    Weight 22 kg (48.5 Lbs - about 3 and 1/2 stone)
    Height 114 cm (44.88 inch - 3' 9'').

So no need to worry, he just falls into the higher percentiles at the moment. Kids are always growing in spruts & stops so he may not grow very much for a while & fall down the chart again to what those people consider "more normal".
    If someone tells me that my kids are 'big' or 'sturdy' - which both of them are, although they are not fat, like you tall relatives on both our sides - I take it as a compliment that they are being well looked after & loved.
    Some people just have to say something negative, ignore them & just be happy that your son is healthy & thriving. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

my fella just turned 4 he is 104 tall and just over 3 stone.

Advertisement