Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband.any good?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi everyone.tried to look for a similar thread but couldnt find one.

so the story is that im thinking about switching from digiweb to irish broadband in january when my contract runs out.will probably be going for 2mb Breeze.just have a few questions.are there any problems with p2p downloading?this is vital for me because this is the main reason why i need broadband at all.and is the ping high?on their website it says that there is no cap,but is it true?are there any sneaky terms and conditions?any advices appreciated.cheers,lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Digiweb > IBB

Why would you switch? If P2P is what you want, Digiweb offer up to 8mb speeds, apparently, they say. I'm on it, the service is great, just not the customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

the cap is way too small.

can anyone tell me,are there any lags in p2p usage on irish broadband?

ah,come on,lads.please!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

If your experience of IBB is anything like mine was, you won't be worried about "lags in P2P usage".
    You'll be more worried about getting > 50 kbit/sec download speeds on your expensive 3 Mbit service.

IBB were known as "I've Been Buggered" back when I had the misfortune to use them.
    Maybe they've improved since then... they could hardly get any worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

advoid and go to eircom as they dont enforce caps

damn i hate the enemy :/

• Advertisement

turly,
    sorry,but are u talking about Breeze now?i've heard of Ripware being bad but not too much about Breeze.

any more info?

Advertisement