Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this year going by way too fast?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

At the start of the year, our year head told us that this year would go by so fast that we wouldn't even notice it. Needless to say it was met with a few :rolleyes: expressions, but since it's creeping up to Christmas, it's becoming more of a reality for me! Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Oh yeah. I'm still in denial that the exams are in a few weeks and I really should be doing more than I am right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Definitely!!!
    Who could believe that our mocks are now just over 2 and a half months away?

Message to time : 'SLOW DOWN!!!'

It's really scary...I haven't begun to think about revising yet, and even were I to I wouldn't have any time to (there's that word again) because of the massive workload our teachers are inflicting upon us!
    :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Happened me last year - it was Christmas before I knew it.

Use your time wisely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm finding it really slow actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah it's crazy, every day just rushes by and the weeks seem so much shorter than in any other year, it's a bit scary, I hope my whole life doesn't go by this quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Yeah.It's both a good and bad thing.It's good cos we are getting closer to third level,but bad because we seem to have less and less time to study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Yeah,I'm so mixed up! I go from absolutely dreading the end of the year because of the LC to being excited about it because of college!

This is such a difficult time in one's life..........

(maybe being a bit overdramatic there,but ya know what I mean:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Oh my god, don't even talk to me about it! Feels like yesterday was September, and still my Christmas exams are statring next week. It's like :eek:.

It's really scary how fast the year is going... It's not even funny! I thought ah sure I've loads of time, but it's not really the case! Time to get the books out and get down to it I suppose!

But just think, this time next year! Ahh I'm so excited! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Focus on that - I'm in first year in college now, it brilliant, but I had to go through the same thing ye are now last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

miss lc soooo much. college=epic fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

god i can't WAIT to get into college! this year is flying in thankfully!!28 weeks to the leaving guys!!:D:D:D

I did ty so every time I get frustrated with the whole thought of the leaving I keep thinking that I could be finished already!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

way way too fast
    im thinking its because were constantly busy and i use all my free time to have fun as ive so little of it.
    crazy year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I was in LC last year and time just flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭patrickdt10

god i can't WAIT to get into college! this year is flying in thankfully!!28 weeks to the leaving guys!!:D:D:D

I did ty so every time I get frustrated with the whole thought of the leaving I keep thinking that I could be finished already!!:mad:
    ha ha , let me guess you done ty? talkin to my friends who done ty. their of the same idea as you...could be in college! but i didnt do it in case i had to repeat for any reason. im repeatin one subject.

ya the year flew by last year! its not goin as quick this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Did the LC last year and just to echo the sentiments here time did go by faster then I expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aerb

I'm in 5th year right now and really want the time to start moving more slowly. It must move even faster in 6th year. Scary..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

personally I'm delighted it's going so fast! can't wait to be rid of school foreveeeeeeeeeer!

June comes very quickly in LC year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Im a repeat student, and the year will fly..like i remember like the day before the LC last June and looking back and saying it felt like it was september a week ago!

Advertisement