Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

santa's letter

Options
  • 19-11-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommedations for santas reply letter. if you posted one in the post office would you get a reply?? someone told me that but I find it hard to believe. I have seen some good one on websites but wonder if someone has actually use one and can recommend it.
    cheers
    4 grandchildren this year.. yippie!!!!!!

Comments

yep - you get a reply.

I've gotten one the past two years but it comes just a week before xmas. Make sure you put the name and address of child on the letters and a stamp and an post will return a letter from santa.

I wouldn't bother with the websites, if it doesn't arrive on time just type a nice reply up and print it on paper along with some nice clipart of all things christmassy and stick a stamp on it, you don't even have to post it just make sure it's on the floor with the rest of the post in the morning.

EDIT Just had a look at an posts site there, click here to confirm what I've said above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

What I did was tape the letter to the fire place and over night it magically vanished up the chimney to santa in the north pole.

I also told my little fella that he was to write a list of what he wanted but Santa was only going to get him one thing on the list and give the other toys to the poor little girls and boys who dont have mummies and daddies.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 livi

Just heard an ad on the radio asking all kids to have their Santa letters posted as early as possible so they get a reply...

u just address them to Santa, North Pole ( and put ur return address):)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

Yes an post send you our a reply. Last year the Sun newspaper had a free santa letter thing and it came with a colouring book and crayons as far as I remember.

You just had to fill in the coupon and send an A4 stamped address envelope into them. They might do it again this year, better than spending 10 euro on the advertised ones in the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Or you could write your own - you know your kid, so you could really personalise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

There was an ad in Sunday world paper the other day similar to the one the Sun had last year.

Txt GIFT to 0879259387

It says it is in association with mobile mania and it is not a subscription service. You get a free personalised letter and gift for your child.

I txt it and got a message back saying to send an A4 SAE to an address before 16th Dec.

Last year I did this and got my sons santa letter with his name on it and even the toys that he wanted in the letter. They edit the letters for each child if you tell them they want a certain thing.

Advertisement