Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When would you go to New York?

• 19-11-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

I'm off to N.Y in Jan, only I don't what dates to choose. Would love to be around for the NFC Championshop decider (18th Jan) but would be taking a gamble on the Giants getting there and having home advantage or I could go the week beforehand and get in the semi final game(10th/11th Jan) which they'd likely have home advantage for. I've all of January off too(no college exams:D) so it may even be possible to go from the 10th through to the 18th/19th:eek: if my mate doesn't mind putting me up that long!

What do you think is the best to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Go for the whole lot,you only live once and New York is an amazing city, plenty to keep you occupied. You should be able to get tickets for the games online in the week leading up to the game, maybe ticketturbo.com or stubhub.com, but it'll cost you! Nfl games are an amazing experience and i'd recommend getting in as many as you can while you there,f**k the loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

They'll win the conference, and therefore get home advantage, IMO they'll make it at least that far too.
    It'll be tough getting tickets though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Looking likely the Jets will be playoff contenders too. A perfect time to go to NY, the buzz will be epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm going Tuesday week.

Catching two games.

Rutgers Louisville on the Thursday night. Giants Eagles on the Sunday.

Can't wait:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

new york is **** in winter, summer tho is amazing. i lived there when i was just younger i should no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

camel toe wrote: »
    new york is **** in winter, summer tho is amazing. i lived there when i was just younger i should no

If you dont mind me asking sh1t for what in winter? If ye get passed the snow it can be good I spend alot of time in NY, Boston and WI over the last few winters. Got to love the American Festive spirit.:D

Santry red thats class college game and NFL game ye cant go wrong have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

camel toe wrote: »

Last year I was in New York in Winter and it was a brilliant experience aside from the freezing conditions. I'd say it would be quite cool being there in the Summer though

I'd say going there during Playoff time would be epic as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If you dont mind me asking sh1t for what in winter? If ye get passed the snow it can be good I spend alot of time in NY, Boston and WI over the last few winters. Got to love the American Festive spirit.:D

Santry red thats class college game and NFL game ye cant go wrong have fun.

The way McNabbs going, the Giants will run away with it:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

The Giants will get there, and should have home field advantage, closest team to them are the bucs, be very surprised if they end up being the No. 1 team in the NFC

Advertisement