Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can someone explain this?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Why is it that some rifles shoot better for certain people?
    for instance, i bought a new rifle recently, and just sighted it in, not done anything with it yet. I can get 5 shots all in the centre in a group at 100m (only space i've had so far), but when 2 of my (much) more experienced friends used it, they were WAY off.
    why does this happen?

_Kar

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Kareir wrote: »
    for instance, i bought a new rifle recently, and just sighted it in, not done anything with it yet. I can get 5 shots all in the centre in a group at 100m (only space i've had so far), but when 2 of my (much) more experienced friends used it, they were WAY off.
    why does this happen?

Either it doesn't fit them properly or they haven't had enough time to get used to it. It takes a while to settle into any kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerri

Hey all,
    why does this happen?

_Kar

Less to do with settling in to new kit and more to do with slightly different hold,trigger squeeze etc. Very common and one reason why nobody should let another shooter sight in a rifle for them. Chances are they will consistently hit the same area of the target albeit "way off" the centre. Check again and see if they are shooting good groups but hitting in the same area of the target. Also makes a difference if you are left handed and they are right handed or vice versa. My friend is left handed and will hit left of the bull every time but always by the same amount; solution, dial in the correction or have them aim off by that amount. Definitely nothing to worry about as the shots are going where YOU aim.

Hey all,
    why does this happen?

_Kar

Everyone has a different style and method of shooting.

Myself and IRLConor can swap rifles but they wouldn't fit each other and the zero points would be very different for each other.

Sight in and set up your own rifle yourself, that way its set up for your preferences!

Advertisement