Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Meteor switched over to 3G?

• 19-11-2008 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Has meteor fully turned on 3G or is it trial only? I have a 3g capable handset and a data add-on but I believe I'm still only getting edge connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yes they have 3G. Mainly DUblin / Cork and parts of Waterford I hear. Make sure your phone is set to search for 3g (UMTS or Dual mode) networks and not just in 2g (GSM) mode.

Also see this thread for some discussion and experiences http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055128152&highlight=meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Well its an unlocked 3 phone so I presume it should be already since it was connecting to 3G a few mins ago on my 3sim.

Would I need to get a new meteor sim for 3G to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Are you go one of the above mentioned areas. If so you should not need a new sim. Try a network search, if your in one of the above areas you should pick up meteor 3g.

Checked it there and I can select meteor or meteor 3g. I select meteor 3g and 3g shows up for a few seconds then disappears. If I go back in to select the network it has the standard meteor network selected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

when meteor first broght out 3g i had to get a new sim to recive the 3g coverage.. ring the help line (1905) and ask them to check if your sim is 3g

• Advertisement

Thanks, will do!

Advertisement