Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao query...help appreciated : )

Options
  • 19-11-2008 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

Just wondering.......

If you're doing whatever course, and a few weeks in you realise that it's not for you, can you transfer to your second choice when you have the points?

Even if it's in another university? (I know that you can switch when it's in the same one)

I want to put TCD as my first choice, but if it proves too challenging I may wish to go with UCD...

Anyone know if that's permitted?

Thanks in advance :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 howtobeknown

Not that I know of !! I wouldnt say so if ya dont like the course i spouse ya drop out and apply again next year!! I dnt no if this is valid info but just trying to help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Nope, you can't do that.
    Almost 100% on that one.

Most colleges allow you to switch courses internally at the beginning though.

You can apply to transfer to any course up to a certain date (internal to most colleges normally) as long as you have the points, the entry requirements, and there's a space for you. Yes, you can even transfer to different colleges. Keep in mind that it gets a bit tricky due to the starting dates for different colleges.

For different college transfers, contact the college you want to go to directly. But there is no bending the rules on the points situation normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Oh.....

so there's plan B gone!

Ha, God it's just so hard to decide whether or not it'll suit me...hopefully open days will help...:(

Advertisement