Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a DVD for resale

• 19-11-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I was considering making a DVD comprised of Downs 5 All Ireland wins for my dad whos a big fan and while in the process of it was wondering how easy/hard it would be to do it professionally enough so that it could be resold in shops? All the data is already there in highlight form (of the games plus homecomings etc) on Youtube and family video etc

The main issues I can see would be :

Quality (I dont have enough knowledge to do a good enough job of making the dvd professionally). Roughly how much would someone charge to mix all the games together with a voiceover etc?

Copyright laws : How do I go about getting clearance from UTV, BBC, RTE etc and do they charge a set fee or percentage?

Production : After the cover design what would be the costs per 100 of producing the DVD (I.E. whats the bare minimum cost of producing them and who does this?)

Advertisement