Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third-Party Appeals-For or Against

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Good point. The public sector is very much top heavy anyway, 600 odd quangos, 200 more virtual ghost departments. If HALF of these people had to go out and earn a crust in the private sector, they would starve.

Back on topic.
    Overall ABP does what it says on the tin, but I believe begrudgery/revenge/gold digging is responsible for at least 30% of all appeals. If this element could be weeded out.....(dream on)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Overall ABP does what it says on the tin, but I believe begrudgery/revenge/gold digging is responsible for at least 30% of all appeals. If this element could be weeded out.....(dream on)
    I'd agree with that but there must also be a huge number of genuine appeals that just don't happen, simply because people don't want to fall out with their neighbour!

Sometimes an Appeal can have long lasting ill feelings that people are not prepared to have, so they "let it go" rather than have bad feeling.

Getting rid of revenge/gold digging would be nice but would be so difficult to do. Of course preventing the withdrawl of an Appeal would rid us of Gold digging / blackmail for financial gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

Poor Uncle Tom, it could be weeded out if a number of things were introduced from:

Only allowing points of appeal to contain the points that were raised at a local level;

Not allow appeals to be withdrawn once lodged;

Penalise vexatious appeals.

Advertisement