Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wallpapering and painting

• 20-11-2008 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I usually wallpaper myself but the hall and landing in my house is a more tricky job and awkward for me to do. I was just wondering what the approximate going rate for a decorator is to wallpaper and paint my hall and landing? I already have the wallpaper bought. My hall and landing is in a standard semi detached house and is an average size. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

barneyeile wrote: »
    I usually wallpaper myself but the hall and landing in my house is a more tricky job and awkward for me to do. I was just wondering what the approximate going rate for a decorator is to wallpaper and paint my hall and landing? I already have the wallpaper bought. My hall and landing is in a standard semi detached house and is an average size. Thank you.
    Hi,
    Without seeing it its very hard to give you a figure.
    I charge approx 20-25euro per roll depending on room and type of paper.If the walls are ready for the paper i'd say about 3-350euro approx to do ceilings and all the woodwork.That would be to apply two coat on ceiling and a undercoat and gloss to timber.
    I hope this helps you but as i said each job is different so those prices i gave you are only a ball park figure to give you an idea when you get some quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭barneyeile

game4it70 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Without seeing it its very hard to give you a figure.
    I charge approx 20-25euro per roll depending on room and type of paper.If the walls are ready for the paper i'd say about 3-350euro approx to do ceilings and all the woodwork.That would be to apply two coat on ceiling and a undercoat and gloss to timber.
    I hope this helps you but as i said each job is different so those prices i gave you are only a ball park figure to give you an idea when you get some quotes.
    Thanks very much for the reply game4it70. It's good to find out a ballpark figure for the job. What you have said seems very reasonable because I was quoted 825 Euro for the job! When the decorator told me this price I nearly had a heart attack! I already have the 9 rolls of wallpaper and there is just 4 doors, the surrounds and a ceiling to paint. Now that I have a figure in my head I shall be more discerning. Thanks again.

Advertisement