Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such a thing as legit Cloned sims ?

• 20-11-2008 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Here's my situation . . .

I have o2 mobile broadband, I use their sim exclusively in my mobile broadband router at home for 3g. This costs me 13 quid a month for 10G which is great.

Then I have Vodafone prepay for my voice. I use the vodafone sim in my mobile phone.

Here's the issue....
    I now have a new phone with 3G. I would love to merge the providers and just use o2 for everything. But I still need my 3G to be provided via my mobile router (its in window where it gets good reception so need to leave it there). It broadcasts round my house via WiFi.

So, I need a sim in my router and one in my phone. I want to use my new phone for voice and 3G ideally using the €13/pm that I already have. But I also need the same 3G provided from my router at home.

Can I have this under one provider ? and have the sim cloned to provide both roles ?

(hope I aint confussed anyone)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nope, cloned SIMS aren't allowed IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Don't know about Ireland, but cloned SIMs are used and offered by other operators around Europe. One example for legal use of cloned SIM cards are car phones. My 2002 BMW had a builtin GSM phone. I was able to (legaly) obtain a second SIM card from my operator which was linked to the same account/phone number as my main GSM phone. When I turned on the ignition of my car, the builtin GSM phone logged on to the network. With this setup, you were able to make calls from both phones simultaneously, but were only able to accept calls on one of the phones - the one that was logged on last. I have no idea if any Irish operator offers this service, but I doubt it.

Advertisement