Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N82 Sat Nav

• 20-11-2008 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I am trying to upgrade the GPS on my N82 to voice guided navigation. I am'nt able to connect to the nokia server on the phone for some reason. At the moment ts set up to connect through WAP. I am trying to change the connection type to WiFi to connect to the server but I cant find the option anywhere. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i have the N78, are you able to get online using the wifi just for browsing ?
    when i try to update the options will come up for what connection i want to use, my data connection, gprs connection, or wifi(if available).

try scanning for the wifi first ?
    goto the "WLAN scanning off" on the front page and open it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

No it doesnt give me the option to choose the connection type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

does someone want to ask this guy the other 2 questions i asked ?

or could suggest to him to download the software to the PC and use nokia suite to install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

In the Maps application, what does it say under
    Options | Tools | Settings | Internet | Default access point ?

The menu path is different in my version its: Options|Settings|Network|Default Access Point. In there it says eircom XXXX which is my WiFi in the house.

samhail I did scan for wifi first. And ya I can connect to the internet with the browser

• Advertisement

Have you tried maybe downloading the latest version of Maps from the Nokia site via the browser ?

Ya I have the latest version

Just to be clear - you can connect and browse the 'net using your WiFi ?
    If so then I'm out of ideas really - could it have something to do with ports or security on yer router ?
    You might just have to pony up for the download over your mobile network.
    As long as you have the mass on your phone already it shouldn't be much at all.

Ya I can use the browser to go on the net. Id have no problem just using the network connection but it wont let me do that either. It just says operation failed.

Advertisement