Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice faking their live sets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They responded by saying "the USB fell out"

So why is the power not in either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Soooooo busted! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭just pete

It fell out too :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Pathetic. Never liked Justice much before this but now I've no respect for them.

I remember a thread on here a while back about a guy who used to be part of a well known rock band and he was faking mixing when really he was just playing a cd. He was just spoofing being a DJ anyway, but Justice are actually accomplished artists and there is really no excuse whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

i never liked their stuff anyway, i think it all sounded the same tbh!

and poor milli vanilli took terrible slack for such an act ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Zascar wrote: »
    Pathetic. Never liked Justice much before this but now I've no respect for them.

I remember a thread on here a while back about a guy who used to be part of a well known rock band and he was faking mixing when really he was just playing a cd. He was just spoofing being a DJ anyway, but Justice are actually accomplished artists and there is really no excuse whatsoever.

That some bloke is Peter Hook and he wrote Blue Monday. He can do whatever the f*ck he wants after that.:D The video of him Djing is pretty hilarous though.

As regards Justice im not surprised in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    That some bloke is Peter Hook and he wrote Blue Monday. He can do whatever the f*ck he wants after that.:D The video of him Djing is pretty hilarous though.

:D that's hilarious! did he even use headphones once??

Saw the Hook one a while back.

That Justice one is hilarious, but they have released a statement about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

Saw the Hook one a while back.

That Justice one is hilarious, but they have released a statement about it.

i actually went to see them in the ambassador there a while ago, granted i was fairly mangled on vodka but their set wasnt too bad, granted it was a "supposed" dj set haha, the other guy that played was ridiculous tho seriously, Busy P, heard him drop mixin into a couple of tracks that werent even the same tempo as the preceding one like no need, and i know its not just about beat matching etc and track selection is paramount but thats my point, for me the track selection was pants aswell......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

MYOB wrote: »
    They responded by saying "the USB fell out"

So why is the power not in either?
    not that it matters but those things are usb powered

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    not that it matters but those things are usb powered

Why does it have a power connector then?

mpd24_back_med.png
    ----^^
    USB can only provide 5v at half an amp, its not enough to power much. Can see this getting messy if used off a laptop that can't provide full power all the time - same as older external hard drives fail to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

mpd24_back_med.png
    ----^^
    USB can only provide 5v at half an amp, its not enough to power much. Can see this getting messy if used off a laptop that can't provide full power all the time - same as older external hard drives fail to work.

because you don't have to always use usb.
    as in you could be connecting it via midi to anything. so most of those midi controllers have a power adapter.

mpd24_back_med.png
    ----^^
    its only a midi controller,dont think it needs much.ive only ever used powered my midi controllers off usb,but i guess if you were worried about power you could use the power supply but i think most people just plug it in and play.

jtsuited wrote: »
    because you don't have to always use usb.
    as in you could be connecting it via midi to anything. so most of those midi controllers have a power adapter.

Ah right.

The fact the USB plug is at an angle that looks like it was thrown up there to be conencted later, and its USB-B which has a fairly decent insertion/removal force.... still think it didn't "fall out".

Ah right.

The fact the USB plug is at an angle that looks like it was thrown up there to be conencted later, and its USB-B which has a fairly decent insertion/removal force.... still think it didn't "fall out".
    no i think thats a bull**** answer alright,if it fell out you have to restart ableton in order to get the midi back(from what i remember,not 100% certain about that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

1 hit wonder anyway, anyone who fakes a live set is pathetic and should just give it up:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

seannash wrote: »
    no i think thats a bull**** answer alright,if it fell out you have to restart ableton in order to get the midi back(from what i remember,not 100% certain about that)
    no you don't have to restart ableton for the midi. most of the time anyway.

i'm not too sure on this one. i mean it could've fallen out. don't see the point of having a usb cable there otherwise.

however, that akai mpd has a big bloody screen that lights up, and when the usb is unplugged, it turns off.

now if it had fallen out, you would immediately see the big blue screen go dark. which means you probably wouldn't be moving any faders on it, because you'd be too busy pluggin it in.

so i think the possible explanations are

1. It became unplugged and the dude was so wasted he didn't notice.
    2. They're faking their live set.

Justice are pure rubbish (imo) anyway. live rubbish is not really much better than pre-recorded rubbish.

When setting up for a gig, you often lay the cables first, then place the kit and plug it in the correct order to prevent cables trailing over. Hence USB cable thrown there, MPD placed down, not connected....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

When setting up for a gig, you often lay the cables first, then place the kit and plug it in the correct order to prevent cables trailing over. Hence USB cable thrown there, MPD placed down, not connected....

Yeah when you're setting up...but surely to christ he must have noticed that it was disconnected? How can you possibly not notice that and still be twisting dials unless you are completely mashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

MikeHoncho wrote: »

that is brilliant. some of the youtube comments on this video are almost as funny as the video itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

justice are pathetic anyway, this really comes as no suprise at all, they really are shameful unispired commercial electronica anyway, the amount of philistines i hear calling justice techno or asking me to play them in my set, id rather staple my testicles to a moving car than drop one of their sorry excuses for a song.. pure and utter ****e, ed banger records aswell what a big steaming pile of **** record label

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

SteveDon wrote: »
    justice are pathetic anyway, this really comes as no suprise at all, they really are shameful unispired commercial electronica anyway, the amount of philistines i hear calling justice techno or asking me to play them in my set, id rather staple my testicles to a moving car than drop one of their sorry excuses for a song.. pure and utter ****e, ed banger records aswell what a big steaming pile of **** record label

hmmm. no, i think they are good. but if we all liked the same stuff it would be very dull indeed.
    i couldn't possibly listen to the album from start to finish (it's so horribly mastered) the odd track every now and again is good. i think "genesis" is a cracking track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

now now people, they're trying to be the next Daft Punk, how can they do that without just prerecording their whole show and playing it back to the retards that pay to see them?

next is the big light show, and taking old songs wholesale, putting 2 words over them, and releasing them as their own.

i wonder if they'll go full hog down the Daft Punk route and wear disguises so they don't have to even bother turning up themselves while their prerecorded gig plays back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The two of them look like they've been on crack for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

jtsuited wrote: »
    no you don't have to restart ableton for the midi. most of the time anyway.

i'm not too sure on this one. i mean it could've fallen out. don't see the point of having a usb cable there otherwise.

however, that akai mpd has a big bloody screen that lights up, and when the usb is unplugged, it turns off.

now if it had fallen out, you would immediately see the big blue screen go dark. which means you probably wouldn't be moving any faders on it, because you'd be too busy pluggin it in.

so i think the possible explanations are

1. It became unplugged and the dude was so wasted he didn't notice.
    2. They're faking their live set.

Justice are pure rubbish (imo) anyway. live rubbish is not really much better than pre-recorded rubbish.

yeah this true, it would turn off immediately you would want to have some serious sight problems not to see this, althoughn in fairness its hard to playh electronic music live especially as a duo,99% acts have it preprogrammed, i saw aphex twin in england about 10 years ago playing everything(had the beats preprogrammed) excellent show. saw jm jarre last year and he pleyed all his old school syths live - savage!

Advertisement