Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V Poland Pics

• 20-11-2008 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Few from Croker!

3044816096_1d717f3898.jpg

3043976307_0054602a82.jpg

3044812974_0c887709fc.jpg

More Here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sorry man, but I'm more interested in the birds in your sig! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sorry man, but I'm more interested in the birds in your sig! :pac:

+1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Cant see why ;)

3014950930_1b0596dbc7.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not sure there enough photos of Danielle Lloyd there tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So wait. You went to Croke park and put up a post for pics from the trip. And don't include a single one of a hot Polish bird?

FAIL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cheers Heurelho. Some nice pics there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I made the game pics my priority, the Polish chicks are on the way!

3044870180_fd06fd0d68.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I made the game pics my priority, the Polish chicks are on the way!

3044870180_fd06fd0d68.jpg

how'd you get her to smile like that? Whenever I zoom in on hot chicks with my telephoto lens they dont tend to give the same reaction...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Although they do pick up the phone straight away as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Love the John O'Shea one.

"Jaysis lads, stand back!! It's a ball!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like this one too...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fergusmcnally/3044808744/in/set-72157609498772418/

"Ugh will you give those pits a wash."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

1zewnef.jpg
    f0c9af.jpg
    351flz9.jpg
    2ryq0qu.jpg

Some more from elsewhere. Polish fans put our muppet support to shame. Its embarrassing being a football fan from this country.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Some more from elsewhere. Polish fans put our muppet support to shame. Its embarrassing being a football fan from this country.
    Yeah I agree. I was at the match last night and it's heartbreaking when you're always the first and last person singing. In fairness though, it was only a friendly but the atmosphere in Croke Park is always the same, i.e. non existent from an Irish pov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. I was at the match last night and it's heartbreaking when you're always the first and last person singing. In fairness though, it was only a friendly but the atmosphere in Croke Park is always the same, i.e. non existent from an Irish pov

If the FAI fans would allow the Longford town consortium to rally the troops in their own fashion then it might be a little better.

Ronnie for general!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I think Being in croker has also split up the Irish fans who used to stand on the North and South Ends and sing.

Poland have supporters clubs that organise these things, it's not by chance that that flag appeared :)

Coupled with that it was very nice to see, The Irish were the same abroad a few years ago. It does not help that 90% of them come from work in suits to the game....but mainly unavoidable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

BaZmO* wrote: »

Sooner we get out of croker the better. TBH Ireland should be playing in a 20k stadium if they want to keep a level of athmosphere going. Anything bigger and you're only getting the sandwich "singing when you're winning" brigade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I'll add this as a separate comment because it's important.

SCRAP THAT FECKIN DRUMING.

It prevents the Irish crowd singing rather than encourages it.

egan007 wrote: »

Yeah, don't like the drumming either. And those stupid trumpets, reminds me of England games when they keep playing the Great Escape!

Polish fans put our muppet support to shame. Its embarrassing being a football fan from this country.

LOL I've heard it all now. You forgetting this kind of 'muppet support'...

vilclj.jpg

33492_1184258584_b6b2_p.jpeg

poland_2.jpg

Any excuse to have a pop eh?

Ah c'mon. You know he was talking about last night and not anything shown in those pics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Exactly! What about all the Polish fans with their backs to the game for the whole match? It's a completely different culture. ffs they're all living here. Imagine 100,000 Irish moved over the Poland 3 years ago and we were playing in Poland last night? The touts would be making a bomb. And the Irish support would be singing from start to finish.

Fair enough, the Polish were fantastic last night but don't start comparing them to a set of Irish home fans. Away fans are always a million times more vocal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Ridiculous point. Polish support were amazing last night because they were organised, obviously by a supporters club or something. LOI fans or an Irish supporters club could do this too, it just seems there is nobody willing to do this and the apathy from LOI fans for the national side is what is causing the problem.

vilclj.jpg

33492_1184258584_b6b2_p.jpeg

poland_2.jpg

Bit unfair there, two very distinct groups of Polish fans to be honest. Polish fans last night were all in great spirits and not a sign of trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So wait. You went to Croke park and put up a post for pics from the trip. And don't include a single one of a hot Polish bird?

Some mighty specimens sitting near us last night. They all came with a gigantic builder boyfriend attached, though.
    Draupnir wrote: »
    Ridiculous point. Polish support were amazing last night because they were organised, obviously by a supporters club or something. LOI fans or an Irish supporters club could do this too, it just seems there is nobody willing to do this and the apathy from LOI fans for the national side is what is causing the problem.

I understand what you're saying in a way, but it's a bit cheeky when LOI fans are told on one hand that Irish fans ignore Irish 'product' because it's sh*t, and then are told by the same Irish fans that we should be livening up Irish games?

It's basically an admission that LOI fans (like the Poles last night) are the only Irish fans that understand, and regularly experience live football culture.

Which is true.

BaZmo* wrote:
    Ah c'mon. You know he was talking about last night and not anything shown in those pics.
    Draupnir wrote:
    Bit unfair there, two very distinct groups of Polish fans to be honest. Polish fans last night were all in great spirits and not a sign of trouble.

I agree the Polish fans last night were impressive but I don't like the pop at our so-called 'muppet support', or the implication that their fans put ours to shame when their fans have a history of very poor behaviour unlike ours.

I agree the Polish fans last night were impressive but I don't like the pop at our so-called 'muppet support', or the implication that their fans put ours to shame when their fans have a history of very poor behaviour unlike ours.
    But the point was, and still stands, that they did put our fans to shame last night. The "muppet" comment was uncalled for though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Same thing happened in November 1985. Denmark came here. Had a better team. Had better fans. Beat us off the pitch and made us question what the hell was going with international football in this country. The rest, as they say, is history.

Oh yeah and their women were better than ours too.

stovelid wrote: »
    I understand what you're saying in a way, but it's a bit cheeky when LOI fans are told on one hand that Irish fans ignore Irish 'product' because it's sh*t, and then are told by the same Irish fans that we should be livening up Irish games?

It's basically an admission that LOI fans (like the Poles last night) are the only Irish fans that understand, and regularly experience live football culture.

I totally agree with what you are saying, I said to my mate last night that if we could get LOI fans to support the Irish side as a group then we would easily have the same if not better support than what Poland showed last night. It's such a shame that we don't have that and that the LOI fans don't support the national side. I sat with the Cork fans at Lansdowne when we played Israel in 2005 and it was the best live football experience ever for me and hasn't been topped (even though the result wasn't ideal).

I won't admit that the LOI fans are the only fans who understand live football because that's bull, but I will freely admit that they are the only ones who can properly organise world class football support in this country, if they so choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Draupnir wrote: »
    I totally agree with what you are saying, I said to my mate last night that if we could get LOI fans to support the Irish side as a group then we would easily have the same if not better support than what Poland showed last night. It's such a shame that we don't have that and that the LOI fans don't support the national side. I sat with the Cork fans at Lansdowne when we played Israel in 2005 and it was the best live football experience ever for me and hasn't been topped (even though the result wasn't ideal).

I won't admit that the LOI fans are the only fans who understand live football because that's bull, but I will freely admit that they are the only ones who can properly organise world class football support in this country, if they so choose.
    If there was a proper singing section allocated by the FAI in Lansdowne, with tickets distributed via clubs, supporters clubs and ultras groups I'd consider going along and helping organise.

But it wont happen, so the like of the LoI fans on here are faced with going from a match on a Friday with 1000 fans who are creating more noise and atmosphere than FIFTY OR SIXTY TIMES that number on a Wednesday.

Personally, I have no interest in going along to Croke Park, giving the GAA a cut of my extortionate ticket money, watching a bunch of players from a league I have no interest in, sitting beside a bunch of mongs in suits who get their football from sky sports exclusively and have no clue what to do when actually in a real football stadium. So I stopped going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What he said.

A couple of hundred LOI ultras would have made more noise than the Irish last night. There is a definite need for a dedicated Ireland Ultras section.

Where we were sitting last night, people were actually turning around to stare at us when we shouting abuse at the ref about the ignored peno appeals. You quickly lose heart when you're doing it by yourself.

If there was a proper singing section allocated by the FAI in Lansdowne, with tickets distributed via clubs, supporters clubs and ultras groups I'd consider going along and helping organise.

But it wont happen, so the like of the LoI fans on here are faced with going from a match on a Friday with 1000 fans who are creating more noise and atmosphere than FIFTY OR SIXTY TIMES that number on a Wednesday.

Personally, I have no interest in going along to Croke Park, giving the GAA a cut of my extortionate ticket money, watching a bunch of players from a league I have no interest in, sitting beside a bunch of mongs in suits who get their football from sky sports exclusively and have no clue what to do when actually in a real football stadium. So I stopped going.
    stovelid wrote: »
    What he said.

A couple of hundred LOI ultras would have made more noise than the Irish last night. There is a definite need for a dedicated Ireland Ultras section.

Where we were sitting last night, people were actually turning around to stare at us when we shouting abuse at the ref about the ignored peno appeals. You quickly lose heart when you're doing it by yourself.

I had to go to the game straight from work last night, I am not a current LOI fan either but I certainly know as much as you guys about football in spite of the lack of live football I attend. I too get the stares when I am vocal at games and I too become disheartened by it.

Does an Ireland Ultra supporters group exist is the question? Has such a group approached the FAI? I seem to remember during Kerr's reign that there was a lot of emphasis on including LOI fans, has this been abandoned?

It strikes me that LOI fans have given up on the international side rather than trying to organise better support. This is probably 50% their fault and 50% the FAI's fault in how they ticket the games.

CiaranC, I don't think your point about where the players play their club football is very fair, when they are playing for Ireland they are playing for Ireland. If you are an Irish football fan then surely the Irish national team gets your support, agree or disagree with the team selected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

polish crowd were brilliant although i gave up my ticket i was offered because simply i didnt want to go to a polish sausage fest, couldnt imagine many of the fine polish women turning out on a freezing dublin night to sit in a cold stand in croke park :)

that plus im scottish and wanted to watch maradona at hampden..

anyway regarding the irish match, they only played football for the last 5 mins and i was lucky to see many irish supporters, just a sea of red and white flags

i had to phone the girlfriend in poland and laugh actually, i told her atleast the "home" team were delighted with their 3-2 victory haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

There needs to be a dedicated section behind one of the goals in the new LR for people who actually want to create an atmosphear and not have to put up with the whining ***** telling you to sit down or get upset when things get louder than they like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Well, here's some of my photos.

I must say that the Polish fans made the game much more interesting last night. Very passionate and full of sport. They got plenty of attention from photographers and all were delighted to have their photos taken.

So, here's a few of mine from last night -

Female Polish Fan

3044423221_51bb7ac798.jpg

Young Polish Fan

3045864420_37d7b5a6e6.jpg

And then the football -

Just a touch

3045040823_2dc5af684b.jpg

Duff being chased

3045037399_b59613e18f.jpg

Awkward challenge

3045039201_0aacbef32a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You could have took photo's of a few nicer women than the average looking women so far in this thread! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

egan007 wrote: »

1000% agree I was sitting in row X of the Cusack praying they would shut the fcuk up. We're not bloody Brazillian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The last effort to get a singing section in was when Brian Kerr was appointed, el fan clubs were given the north stand ( i think) and there was a great atmosphere at the first few - think the last one I went to was against Turkey, then the FAI started screwing us around (surprise surprise) scrapping/cutting tickets for the section for lucrative games etc, I gave up on it after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

bohsman wrote: »
    The last effort to get a singing section in was when Brian Kerr was appointed, el fan clubs were given the north stand ( i think) and there was a great atmosphere at the first few - think the last one I went to was against Turkey, then the FAI started screwing us around (surprise surprise) scrapping/cutting tickets for the section for lucrative games etc, I gave up on it after that.

I remember that well, was going grand for the first few games then they shafted people on tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Rockee wrote: »
    1000% agree I was sitting in row X of the Cusack praying they would shut the fcuk up. We're not bloody Brazillian.
    Well i was siting the first row behind them for the last two matches. God they are annoying, contantly play songs that arent being sung by the crowd and when the crowd finishes they start playing the song! they really dont inspire ppl to sing, more like sit down and shut you you tossers so i can watch the match. some little knackers threw those green hands at them at the last match which was funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

adamski8 wrote: »
    sit down and shut you you tossers so i can watch the match.

just like in the pub, right?

God forbid anyone would try to create an atmosphere.

this is the reason I don't go to Ireland games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement