Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Iphone **** HELP ME*******

• 20-11-2008 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Can anyone help me, I really want to buy my boyfriend an I phone for xmas, I have no idea about them at all. He is Meteor, and doesn't want to change his network(dunno why), so i want to get he a sim free iphone. He wants the black one. Does anyone know where I would get a black sim free iphone? Are they outrageously expensive?? Would I get one in time for Xmas? PLEASE HELP. Thanks so much

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Got mine on eBay and unlocked it myself in minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pinkbug

is that not a bit dodge??, imagine I bought it and it didn't work for him. Do you mind me asking how much you paid?? where would I get it unlocked? Sorry for all teh questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

You can buy them from eBay unlocked. Search for "legally unlocked" or "apple unlocked". It basically means it's a new iPhone that's not attached to any networks but you can still update it etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

FearDark wrote: »
    Got mine on eBay and unlocked it myself in minutes.
    You can only do that with the 2G iPhone, she want's the black one - referring to the 3G iPhone.

So, projectmayhem is right, eBay is your best option, 3G iPhones from the UK unlocked are only about €350+.

Here's a search for a new 3G iPhone above €300, unlocked and brand new (in order from lowest to highest).

Here's one for only €450 - it's brand new, unlocked and in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Username! wrote: »
    You can only do that with the 2G iPhone, she want's the black one - referring to the 3G iPhone.

So, projectmayhem is right, eBay is your best option, 3G iPhones from the UK unlocked are only about €350+.

Here's a search for a new 3G iPhone above €300, unlocked and brand new (in order from lowest to highest).

Here's one for only €450 - it's brand new, unlocked and in the UK.

the link you provided here is not for an unlocked iphone3g-even tho the guy states its is..he mentions''just couple your sim with our special unlocking sim and put it in the phone''..which means the phone is locked and hes providing you with a turbo sim to get around it-and turbo sims donr work properly..

anyway in any case..if u want true unlocked one i.e one that was never locked by apple in the first place, you have to buy one in a country where the local dictates that phones may not be locked, such as italy or hong kong..im getting mine in italy in 2 weeks, 8gig is 499 euro, 16gig is 569 euro..there is a trhead on it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055419184

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Is there any point in unlocking an i-phone?

I would absolutely adore one, but I don't want to change from Vodafone PAYG, so I've been looking at other phones (LG Renoir and Nokia 5800 - ooh!).

Is it an urban myth that Apple can update the phone and re-lock you out of it?
    What features (if any) do you lose if you don't go on O2 contract?
    Will I have any trouble setting it up with Vodafone myself, especially for things like internet browsing or GPS (not on wi-fi)?

And after all that, is the camera really crappy and without video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

whats wrong with using a turbo sim? everything ive read says they work a treat to "unlock" an iphone 3g

just dont update it to 2.2 firmware just yet

am i wrong? :confused:

Advertisement