Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the best (Vista) DVD burning program?

• 20-11-2008 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to burn various avi video files onto blank dvd discs to turn them into playable DVDs... However it's become such a long and complicated process, with SOOOO many errors being encountered along the way, which result in me having to search online for a various list of errors every time I attempt to carry out this process! And then in the end, it just never works!

In the past, I know I've created playable DVDs and it has taken less than 90 minutes, but lately it doesn't want to work out for me at all whatsoever.

Can you recommend the best free program for doing the following:

1) Formatting the DVD disc
    2) Converting the video file into DVD files
    3) Burning this onto a DVD disc
    3)...and gettting this all done fast! Like under 2 hours....

?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Lol. Well thanks for that. Appreciated.

However, that doesn't answer my question at all. Like, in no way whatsoever. Umm......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It Really should.

But even more so, this should answer all 3 lazy threads here At The Moment: Essential Free Software - Boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

vista has its own built in program also called windows dvd maker, ive only ever used fro short videos and pics from my camera but alright if you want a basic free convertor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

Ulead dvd movie factory is a pretty good package and there is a free 30 day trial available. Just google it. Windows dvd maker should be on your computer and will do the job. If you want a lot of control over menus, music, layout then Adobe encore is very good but not the quickest or free (at least legally)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

PowerISO is the best option out there imo.... Open source too!

www.poweriso.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Overheal wrote: »
    It Really should.

But even more so, this should answer all 3 lazy threads here At The Moment: Essential Free Software - Boards.ie

It really doesn't. I was looking for personal recommendations about people's favourite programs. Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.

Cheers for all the advice! Power ISO sounds familiar actually, and when I read it there and the name jogged my memory I didn't die a little inside with feelings of unimaginable frustration! So it must have been one of the ones that worked for me! Cheers I'll give it a go!

Advertisement