Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD 6000+ CPU Fan Starts and then Stops

Options
  • 20-11-2008 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I bought an AMD 6000+ CPU plus Stock Heat sink and fan ( PIB ) the other day and installed it on my Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev 1.0 ) Mobo . Turned it on and at post got on short beep and one continuous beep , switched it off immediately and had a look at what was going on . Hit the on switch and the CPU fan Starts spinning and normal speed , Slows down to a stop as the pc starts post and then stays stopped ... if I give it a helping hand to spin with my finger off it goes and continues with no problems whatsoever , CPU temp stays fine . If , after a while , I turn off the PC and restart it , the fan works no problem . However , if I try the next morning after leaving it off all night , I need to give the fan a helping hand all over again .

Any tips , hints , ideas . ? Stop using it straight away ? , RMA it ? , just go buy a new fan ?

Thanks in advance for any advice .

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Right , incase anyone else gets caught with this and is searching for a solution , here is what fixed it for me .

Hand start the fan so you can boot safely and get onto the Bios , or better still change it before you switch cpu's if you can . Then go into PC Health Status , in there go to Smart Fan Control and disable it .

I did this last night before going to bed and when I got up this morning the PC booted up no problem . I guess the MoBo doesn't fully support this CPU .

Advertisement