Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering Lost Pics On M2 Card

• 20-11-2008 4:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi guys basicly i met some famous people last night and by accident i deleted all pics on the card. I've seen loads of websites that claim they can fix it but is it really fixable ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Hi. Happened to me on honeymoon 3.5 yrs ago when my mmc card just have up the ghost and could not be accessed.
    Look for a program called PhotoRescue PC. It will scan ur card first for free, with results in thumbnail format. If what u want is present, you pay to unlock the software and save ur pics to file.
    Has worked wonders on countless cards for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Obskure wrote: »
    Hi. Happened to me on honeymoon 3.5 yrs ago when my mmc card just have up the ghost and could not be accessed.
    Look for a program called PhotoRescue PC. It will scan ur card first for free, with results in thumbnail format. If what u want is present, you pay to unlock the software and save ur pics to file.
    Has worked wonders on countless cards for me.
    cool thanks how do i scan the card, Do i connect the card and stuff to the pc? through the phone connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

heymayo wrote: »
    cool thanks how do i scan the card, Do i connect the card and stuff to the pc? through the phone connection?

Better get a cheap decent memory card reader. Take the card out of the phone, put it into the reader, put reader in usp port, and then use the undelete/filefinder program of your choice to scan the card reader/card... (faster than usb cable connection etc)

strecker wrote: »
    Better get a cheap decent memory card reader. Take the card out of the phone, put it into the reader, put reader in usp port, and then use the undelete/filefinder program of your choice to scan the card reader/card... (faster than usb cable connection etc)

Its just i lost the little yoke for putting the m2 card in. I don't mind it being slow as long as it does it. Is this program guaranteed to work? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Its just i lost the little yoke for putting the m2 card in. I don't mind it being slow as long as it does it. Is this program guaranteed to work? Cheers

It should, assuming you haven't overwritten the card with new data... I recently tried some freeware undelete programme that found thousands of pics/thumbnails....some had been on the drive for years/deleted ages ago... Quite scary, actually hahaha

• Advertisement

strecker wrote: »
    It should, assuming you haven't overwritten the card with new data... I recently tried some freeware undelete programme that found thousands of pics/thumbnails....some had been on the drive for years/deleted ages ago... Quite scary, actually hahaha
    Cool well i have 1 pic but its stored on the phone memory so hopefully it will work so i be really Mad:(:(

Hi again i got it connected but seems i cant find the most recent pics:(:( there the ones i wanted most:( anyone know how to get the most recent ones??

What program did you end up using?
    As far as I know, if you ended up using PhotoRescue, it Use the different methods asked of you to scan the card! Sometimes even using the same scan method, the results can vary! I'm sorry I'm not of much more help, but I don't have the program to hand.
    Try it anyway & see what you come up with!

Obskure wrote: »
    What program did you end up using?
    As far as I know, if you ended up using PhotoRescue, it Use the different methods asked of you to scan the card! Sometimes even using the same scan method, the results can vary! I'm sorry I'm not of much more help, but I don't have the program to hand.
    Try it anyway & see what you come up with!
    Ya i used photo rescue.

But i had about 330 photos and its only finds 239 of them. Should i format it completely and try again. Its just the 5 most recent pics i want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Ya i used photo rescue.

But i had about 330 photos and its only finds 239 of them. Should i format it completely and try again. Its just the 5 most recent pics i want.

NO !!! Format will wipe everything, as long as you have not taken any more pics with the phone they should still be there, deleting them really only gives the camera permission to use that space for any other pics.

edit. I will send you a PM with a link to good free recovery software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I had a similar problem a while ago. Eventually, with the help of other board members I recovered everything from the card.

I used RECUVA (Which is free). You will need to connect the card to a computer using a USB card reader. I also couldn't get everything off the card until I had REFORMATTED it. I know, it seems a bit worrying having to reformat the card first , but it worked.

This was the thread discussing my problem.....

Campact Flash Recovery Software Discussion

Good luck.

kleefarr wrote: »
    I had a similar problem a while ago. Eventually, with the help of other board members I recovered everything from the card.

I used RECUVA (Which is free). You will need to connect the card to a computer using a USB card reader. I also couldn't get everything off the card until I had REFORMATTED it. I know, it seems a bit worrying having to reformat the card first , but it worked.

This was the thread discussing my problem.....

Campact Flash Recovery Software

Good luck.

cool how do i reformat it?

Is it by right clicking on the card in windows explorer and clicking format

cool how do i reformat it?

Is it by right clicking on the card in windows explorer and clicking format

Yes.

oleras wrote: »
    Yes.
    im soo scared it will clear everything

I actually reformatted mine in the camera.

Of course, our two cases are slightly different in that. my card wasn't being recognised at all by windows prior to reformatting, where as yours seemed to have been deleted by accident.

Have you checked the card in a computer yet?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sony have file rescue S/W on their site , you must register a sony stick to download it . But it worked great for me !

HERE

I clicked format on windows explorer and its tried it but didnt work.. so i formatted it from the camera.. its now not working with most the program.. God hope i didnt **** it up

Well if Recuva didn't do anything after formatting it, then I would leave it alone and get an expert recovery company to look at it. If it's that important to you. :(

A classic case of "I wish I had backed up my important stuff." Bet you will in future. ;)

Well if Recuva didn't do anything after formatting it, then I would leave it alone and get an expert recovery company to look at it. If it's that important to you. :(

A classic case of "I wish I had backed up my important stuff." Bet you will in future. ;)

no cause its only the 5 newest pics on the card i want. The rest i have backed up. whats an expert recovery company?? any in Ireland

no cause its only the 5 newest pics on the card i want. The rest i have backed up. whats an expert recovery company?? any in Ireland

Ah. Bad luck.

Loads of recovery companies come up in a google search.

Here is just one... www.datarecovery.ie

They came up when I searched google Irish pages for COMPACT FLASH RECOVERY. It'll probably be expensive though and I can't recommend anyone as I haven't used a recovery company before.

• Advertisement

Ah. Bad luck.

Loads of recovery companies come up in a google search.

Here is just one... www.datarecovery.ie

They came up when I searched google Irish pages for COMPACT FLASH RECOVERY. It'll probably be expensive though and I can't recommend anyone as I haven't used a recovery company before.

do you know roughly how much it would be?

A quote from their FAQ:
    Is there a diagnostic fee?

We have an initial € 95 evaluation fee (inclusive of VAT) for the full and comprehensive evalaution of the supect drive. Once this evaluation is completed we will be able to give you a full breakdown of any additional costs and we will seek your full approval before progressing any further.

How much does data recovery cost?
    Once we have completed the basic evaluation we will be in a position to give you a full breakdown of all stages of the process and their associated costs.

Dout it will work if i have formatted the card twice and no web program is picking up any pics?

Dout it will work if i have formatted the card twice and no web program is picking up any pics?

You should ask over in computers/tech.

The good news is, as far as i know the only way to guarantee a drive is wiped clean clean is petrol and a 3lb hammer. :D

But 100 bucks for a few pics.......now if it was a 10,000 word essay !

By the way, the software i linked you to recovered deleted pics from my phone about 6 weeks ago........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

GetDataBack FAT

This is great software. I was able to recover over 300 photos from an SD memory card recently.

Remember files are never really deleted. You have to re-write over the block of memory a few times to delete files.The references to the files can become corrupt and then the filesystem is unable to find the photos you want.

Advertisement