Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stalker clear skies patches

Options
  • 20-11-2008 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Im at work and decided id download a few patches for games all in the one go that I will need. (very busy indeed :D)

anyway, just looking at stalker clear skies and was wondering if I have to install ALL of the patches in a row (like 5 of them) or can I just install the latest 1.05.07 one by itself? (list below) It says nothing about a stand-alone patch for any, the files sizes are increasing very very minutely, they're all pretty similar. Or should I just DL all and install one by one?

Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky v1.5.07 [EFIGS] Retail Patch [53.6 MB]
    Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky v1.5.06 [EFIGS] Retail Patch [53.2 MB]
    Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky v1.5.05 [RUSSIAN] Retail Patch [45.2 MB]
    Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky v1.5.04 [RUSSIAN] Retail Patch [44.5 MB]
    Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky v1.5.03 [RUSSIAN] Retail Patch [43.4 MB]

thanking you.

PS, if anyone has patched and played the gaem through yet, is it still buggy? still get lockeed down by the travel glitch??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I just downloaded the one patch (v1.5.07) from the updates option in the autoplay menu before I even started the game. I haven't found any bugs/problems so far so I guess you just need the one latest patch rather than getting them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

cheers creature,

I was brought to a halt the last time I played. there was no option to travel to the third segment of the map, (ie, the travel glitch) and I had to quit and uninstall. couldnt keep the save files because they were glitched as a result.

pity cause I loved shadow of chernobyl

Ah, thats unfortunate. Once I heard that pre-patch CS had the same save problem as SoC I made it my mission to get it patched before I started playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yep, patch 07 includes all previous fixes. I was playing this on patch 04, but I got to the Red Forest (20hrs+ put in) and met a bug, now I've patched to 07 and none of my previous gamesaves work. Don't have the patience to start again just now

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yep, patch 07 includes all previous fixes. I was playing this on patch 04, but I got to the Red Forest (20hrs+ put in) and met a bug, now I've patched to 07 and none of my previous gamesaves work. Don't have the patience to start again just now

thanks Pog,

I did the exact same, but ill give it a shot again. I really liked the first one. I reckon Ill just run through the first part of the map doing as little as poss. you could always just ask someone for their save files if you know someone??...I might do that actually...

• Advertisement

You can have my saves if you want. I save everytime before I leave for a new map.

Does anyone else think the uncanny grenade throwing abilities of the enemies kinda ruins the fun of the gun battles?
    Spot enemies -> Take cover -> Run to new cover before grenade explodes in face -> Get shot dead by several enemies before reaching new cover -> Reload last save.

hey cool, did you play through with the v1.5.07 patch all the way?

I might take them off you if so...

Yeah v1.5.07 all the way. Well I'm not finished yet, but I think I must be close. PM me your email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Creature wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the uncanny grenade throwing abilities of the enemies kinda ruins the fun of the gun battles?
    Spot enemies -> Take cover -> Run to new cover before grenade explodes in face -> Get shot dead by several enemies before reaching new cover -> Reload last save.

Not really, they're easy enough to dodge if you keep your ears sharp. You can drop an enemy about to throw if you see him in time. They can't throw ridiculously far and they don't (as far as I've experienced) throw at point blank, so if you try and arrange either long-distance or close-quarters engagements they're not nearly so much of a problem. As soon as I got a halfway accurate assault rifle (just an AK with a couple of upgrades is plenty, I find) they were far less of a threat.

Now what I found frustrating is the price of a good suit of armour. Those things are NOT cheap.

Well maybe it was me taking more damage due to my armour nearly constantly being in a state of 'totally ****ed'.
    It was certainly as I described later half of the game when pretty much all the enemies seemed to be equipped with those damn silenced assault rifles and the good ammo for them.

I never managed to buy a suit of armour. I just kept the SEVA suit I got and upgraded it a few times. I spent all my cash on bandages, ammo and some upgrades but mostly on repairs. I think merchants were really the main enemy in this game. You'd come hobbling into a settlement bledding and dying from radiation to find a nice shiny medkit on sale... for 1200 rubles. Ermm..I'll take half a bandage please mr. merchant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement