Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Book List?

Options
  • 20-11-2008 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I have a quick question I hope someone can help me with: when you're accepted for Arts after the results come out, do you get sent a booklist then, or are they given out by individual lecturers at the start of the year?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

the lecturers usually hand them out in the first class, its like a course outline with relevant reading list and stuff. Its normally done that way because people change subjects/modules a lot in the first few weeks i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

To be immature for a moment, I think an Ahhhh Bless is in store. So here ya go: "Awwwwwwwww blesss ya":D

It'll mostly be put up on blackboard(internet palce to access college notes and all that). Readings are taken from books and combined with lectures, done at the start. Not all lecturers will hand them out, very few, if any, of mine have. Believe me, you don't buy all books on a reading list. If ya saw the amount of them(depending on subjects, theres over 80 on a history one for me), you'd realise why ya don't buy them. So no, not like school at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

depends on the subjects you do. History and politics always gave out some copies

oh yeah, forgot to say - don't buy books! big waste of money when most of them are in the library or they only use a chapter or two from each. core text books are usually in high demand in the lib though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Princess Pixie

Thank you guys, that's exactly what I needed to know, you've all been very helpful! :)

Advertisement