Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitten dragging poo out of litter box on his paw?...

Options
  • 20-11-2008 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

our kitten has a few times dragged out poo on his paw after using the litter box, i suppose from when he was covering it. he doesn't have diarrhea, it's probably just still a bit 'fresh'! he's never had any litter box problems whatsoever & has used his litter box consistently from day one. could the issue be that there's too much/too little litter in the box, or is this just something that tends to happen? i don't have a problem cleaning it up, but my mam is VERY UNHAPPY with it, as he then gallops around on counters etc, so just wondering if there's any ways i could prevent it or am i stuck with trying to clean it up asap?! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

hey i posted here recently about kitten litter problems too..but just to let you know ours does that too.Kind of plays with it.She also tends to run madly across the room, leap into the box and spray litter everywhere.I'm thinking (hoping) they grow out of it when they get bigger and calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I can only think to suggest you try a different kind of litter and check the size of the litter box. I had a kitten sized tray for a while, but they outgrew it very quickly and would often "miss" the inside of the box when going.

They did end up with dirty paws once or twice, but as they got older they definitely didn't make that mistake anymore.

Advertisement