Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blonde highlighted Hair Going Green! Help

Options
  • 20-11-2008 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi

can anyone advise me please I had hightlights out in my hair by Petermark in September and in the last 2-3 weeks my hair has started to go green blue in places- it seems they may have put an ash blonde over my grey in places and where ever they did its turning this colour - i rang pmark and got serious attitude over the time delay but it has only happened in the recent weeks and every time i wash my hair gets worse! so any advice would be great- should i just colour over? or will this make the condition of may hair worse... it is already not in great shape and i am putting this down to the colour- going to see peter mark on saturday so they can have a look ... but not sure how this will pan out judging from their initial response ... so if someone can advise i would really appreciate it .. I paid near on 150 euro for this and have been getting may hair coloured for years in this way and had been to this salon before

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

let them examine it but dont let them try anything until you have it independantly examined then talk to peter marks about how you want to proceed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ocsbabe99

hmmm agree completely just really need to do damage control here .. its really embarassing - i have had another hair dresser look at it and she agrees that the colour should not have been put in the way it was but thanks for the advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

ocsbabe99 wrote: »
    hi

can anyone advise me please I had hightlights out in my hair by Petermark in September and in the last 2-3 weeks my hair has started to go green blue in places- it seems they may have put an ash blonde over my grey in places and where ever they did its turning this colour - i rang pmark and got serious attitude over the time delay but it has only happened in the recent weeks and every time i wash my hair gets worse! so any advice would be great- should i just colour over? or will this make the condition of may hair worse... it is already not in great shape and i am putting this down to the colour- going to see peter mark on saturday so they can have a look ... but not sure how this will pan out judging from their initial response ... so if someone can advise i would really appreciate it .. I paid near on 150 euro for this and have been getting may hair coloured for years in this way and had been to this salon before

This is going to sound nuts, but trying washing it with tomato juice (or ketchup) the acid sorts out the green quite well

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/43849/home_remedies_to_remove_green_tint.html

I tried it when i had the same problem and it does work ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ocsbabe99

just had another call from hairdresser after going through a litany of questions about what shampoo do i use ( same as always), do i have lime in my water at home(i dont by the way- its treated and paid a hell of alot of money to install this system) have i been in the swimming pool(nope) etc- they have agreed to meet with me on sat - but distinctly feel that i am unfortunatley going to get no were except alot of 'this must be something i did' from them- even though with the best will in the world i could not get my hair to have individual blue green strands!!!!! so fear the days of my relationship with this retailer is over - i am going to see a guy in mullingar regarding the repair of my hair which i will have to fork out for! I have to say that i feel very disappointed - a persons hair is very important to their appearance and i think instead of listening and understanding and trying to be sympathetic they are only looking after the brand - but hey don't consumers make them the brand! - i am not here to apportion blame as such- its my hair for gods sake it just needs to be fixed - i just want to know what has happened and what can be done to rectify it! they are coming across some what defensive and i feel that i am heading for a confrontation on sat ....... grrrrrrr so annoyed..... but will try the juice thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

this is gonna sound weird....but has your diet increased in iron levels dramatically lately?i've heard of pregnant women having to go off their iron tablets when they get their highlights done cos it'll turn their hair green!just a thought!

• Advertisement
Advertisement