Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The word on the street...

• 20-11-2008 1:05pm

So according the USEP Wiki, we can expect a new Elder Scrolls game sometime in 2010, to be based, the rumor goes, in Skyrim!

Ah well, it's something to look forward to. With all the new games (GOW2, Fable 2, Fallout 3) I haven't given much time to Oblivion of late.

So Skyrim it is.

Sigh... I really had hoped for a game where you could explore all of Tamariel.

I suppose if we see another console (X Box 3, etc) that makes full use of blu ray, then it might, just might happen. Won't hold my breath, though! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

This is good news.

Fallout 3 (for the little bit I played) seems to have a similar feel, but is much improved on Oblivion in terms of load times, levelling up and enemies not levelling up.

If they take the learning from Fallout 3 and apply it to an Elder Scrolls game throwing in a few surprises and new things (better AI) then it will be worth a purchases anyway

I'd purchase it in any case, I really loved Oblivion that much.

So much so, I'm still trying to get my hands on a X Box GOTY version of Morrowwind! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

the playstation at the moment would well be able to cope with that, I doubt xbox 3 will even recieve bluray since its sony's invention :S

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You had me at new elder scrolls game. Woo hooo!!!!!

You had me at new elder scrolls game. Woo hooo!!!!!

Yep, all I suppose we can do, is sit, watch this space, and hope that the game comes sooner rather that later.

On a separate note, I'd like to welcome the "Elder Scrolls" forum to it's new home in the Gaming forum!!! :D

I know why it used to be in Hosted, but if it had been in the Games Category all along I'd have found it waaaaay sooner! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yep, all I suppose we can do, is sit, watch this space, and hope that the game comes sooner rather that later.

Ah the waiting game sucks, lets play hungy, hungy hippos.
    On a separate note, I'd like to welcome the "Elder Scrolls" forum to it's new home in the Gaming forum!!! :D

I didn't actually notice that. A very welcome change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I was hoping for Sumerset Isle, I think a magic based people would lead to a more interesting setting. Skyrim, full of nords, seems like it will be too similar to Oblivion, as the main combat is melee and the building etc wouldnt be too far off.

Just my 2c.

Oh, OP - there is a Tamriel Rebuilt mod being made for Morrowind that hopes to recreate the entire world. I think they've been at it for about 5 years and have half of Morrowind done, so expect to play it in about half a century.

TPD wrote: »
    Oh, OP - there is a Tamriel Rebuilt mod being made for Morrowind that hopes to recreate the entire world. I think they've been at it for about 5 years and have half of Morrowind done, so expect to play it in about half a century.

LOL Well better late than never I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

Yeah,we'll be playing morrowind fifty years from now while everyone else is playing Call of duty 12 on the Playstation 7, using voice recognition technology to talk terrorists dead and giving commands to their squad with their minds....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any updates on this? Any website where I can keep abreast of developments?

*hawhawhaw - breast :pac:*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 TheLastBaron

F*ck's sake... Skyrim... In other words, Oblivion 2...

Summerset Isle, for the win. The magic system could do with a bit of a rethinking, it's too stop-and-starty.

Breast... Ha...

Yeah having played Fallout 3 I really hope they use some of the learning from that in Oblivion, especially the enemies scaling as you level up. Also some of the funnies and weird scenarios that Bethesda come up with are brilliant, more of those please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SoulReaperDan1

There so busy with fallout stuff at the moment, and legal complications over that license with black isle for the fallout mmo I'd say they'll only just be able to start thinking about the next elder scrolls. Now that fallout's dlc is out of the way though they should focus on the elder scrolls. One thing I'd like to see worked on is the fluidity of the combat, oblivion was very static and hard to play sometimes. Fallout's saving grace was VATS. No VATS in the times of yore.......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

There so busy with fallout stuff at the moment, and legal complications over that license with black isle for the fallout mmo I'd say they'll only just be able to start thinking about the next elder scrolls. Now that fallout's dlc is out of the way though they should focus on the elder scrolls. One thing I'd like to see worked on is the fluidity of the combat, oblivion was very static and hard to play sometimes. Fallout's saving grace was VATS. No VATS in the times of yore.......:cool:

It's a much more enjoyable game without VATS I find. Turn off the crosshair and ramp up the difficulty.

Summerset Isles was mentioned a lot in Oblivion and several pointed references were made by voice characters that something was happening over there. So, I think they will go there with the next game, because Skyrim would be a bad choice after exposing everyone to Nordic culture and setting in one of the expansions for Morrowind.

I'll be surprised if the game comes out on this generation of consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Wouldn't count on it being out in 2010...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/976/976661p1.html

:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm happy to know there may be one at some point. Setting? I don't care. Shield + medieval instrument of death + monsters, massive free roam environments, side quests, massive play time = :D

If they fix up the AI I'll be delighted, and get a few more voice actors. :)
    Don't get me wrong, Oblivion is an excellent game, I started a new one 3 weeks-ish ago and am level 34 now :D, but I want better AI then discussing a rumour about yourself or something. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

News just in!

Bethesda have announced they have no plans on making and ES5...

http://kotaku.com/5337865/bethesda-have-no-plans-for-more-elder-scrolls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Gay...

News just in!

Bethesda have announced they have no plans on making and ES5...

http://kotaku.com/5337865/bethesda-have-no-plans-for-more-elder-scrolls

I hope to christ that isn't true. :eek: Hopefully they're just being "awkward", like Bethesda always f****ng are. A few months before Oblivion was announced they said they had "no new plans" for another ES game. I wouldn't take everything they say to heart tbh. ;) They also said when Fallout 3 was released there'd only be 3 dlc's to go with it, and there's about 5 or 6 now? They love being cruel I guess. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,830 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It wasnt a direct quote.

http://kotaku.com/5339301/bethesda-clarifies-no-elder-scrolls-v-statement

But dont hold your breath. Awesome takes time. Chances are the game is sitting around in pre-production, on whitepapers.

Overheal wrote: »
    But dont hold your breath. Awesome takes time. Chances are the game is sitting around in pre-production, on whitepapers.

Lets hope so,

If they incorporate a V.A.T.S like system from Fallout3 into an ES game

homer-drool.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,830 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hhhell no. talk about an immersion killer. fine for fallout, its already sci fi.

Overheal wrote: »
    hhhell no. talk about an immersion killer. fine for fallout, its already sci fi.

Ok they don't have to call it VATS, heightened elven awareness or something. Its optional too in Fallout so making it optional here would satisfy both parties no.

Implement it differently, making it suit the environment/fantasy nature of the game but I think it would be a great addition to the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

Aye would be sweet, could have it as a consumable. Would have to make the melee more advanced though. Melee using VATS was a bit of a letdown.

Eagerly awaiting this game too. hopefully they have the skill system more open like fallout's too. After playing a classless MMO a few years back i always feel restricted if I'm hemmed into certain classes

Advertisement