Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Three block some user from Vodafone 2G network

• 20-11-2008 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering if three block users from the Vodafone 2G nework for any reason. Reason I am asking is that I have a sim free phone and for the last couple of weeks I have disabled the 3G on my phone to save on battery power, however since yesterday I have been unable to connect to the 2G network after briefly turning the 3G back on to check my usage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It sounds like the Vodafone mast has gone down in your area, you best stick it back on 3G coverage...I doubt your saving a lot on battery power...

Call 3 and tell them you've no vodafone signal, get it esclated as it's going to cause problems in the area...

Vodafone there like a torn in the side of 3:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

3g and three are two sperate things. 3g being a data transfer technology and three being a mobile and "internet"* provider.

If your with vodafone I would call them up and check.

*I use this word very losly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He can't call vodafone he's with 3 (or am I reading it wrong) either way there's a site gone down, call whichever network your with.....took vodafone 2 weeks the last time to sort it out here down in the sticks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

vodafone don't make all masts available to 3 customers, only where 3 don't have coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I am just wondering if three block users from the Vodafone 2G nework for any reason. Reason I am asking is that I have a sim free phone and for the last couple of weeks I have disabled the 3G on my phone to save on battery power, however since yesterday I have been unable to connect to the 2G network after briefly turning the 3G back on to check my usage.
    3 have disabled roaming onto vodafones network in areas where they have full coverage as they have to pay vodafone when your roam. This cuts down their roaming costs ensuring customers 3's own network.

• Advertisement
Advertisement