Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol 99.9c a litre Carrickmacross Co. Monaghan

Options
  • 20-11-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

TC Fuels

Petrol 99.9c a litre.
    Diesel 102.9c a litre.

This is the lowest I have seen it in years. Am so happy, my fuel bills are coming down.

This place is hard enough to find, its on the old Ardee Rd in Carrickmacross beside Lidi.

The owner I think has a BMW M5 looks the business on the forecourt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

When I left ireland 3 years ago it was 99c a litre!

but http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/petrol-tuesdays-now-wednesday/2008/11/20/1226770605806.html

sydney is $1.135 avg ... = 60c !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seems theres a few others under the euro barrier, going by pumps.ie. Nice pscyhological barrier to get through, and oil's still coming down...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I was there a few weeks back in Carrick and it was 112.9 for a litre of diesel when the rest of the country was at 117.9 at the lowest.

That place seems to be cheaper at the moment than anywhere

105.8 in Celbridge Applegreen if you can get near the place

104.9 Esso N4 outbound last night, another weekend of price cuts and we might be getting close to the Euro mark in the Pale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

lol, and we're back to the good old days of making a fortune on fuel, with the idiot public slapping the garages on the back for selling it so cheap

yeeeeehaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

kluivert wrote: »
    TC Fuels

Petrol 99.9c a litre.
    Diesel 102.9c a litre.

This is the lowest I have seen it in years. Am so happy, my fuel bills are coming down.

This place is hard enough to find, its on the old Ardee Rd in Carrickmacross beside Lidi.

The owner I think has a BMW M5 looks the business on the forecourt.

With the euro at 85p sterling he would have need to cut his prices to keep the northern trade. Seen this a lot along the border

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

104.9 at the Vivo station in Clonmel. Cheapest I've come across. They even seem to undercut the Tesco up the road by a cent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Yea, it looks like many more are dropping below the €1 mark. Time to re-consider that V8 petrol Range Rover!

http://www.pumps.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I dont see any below 1EUR in Cork.

X.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

on RTE web site, Barrel of oil less the $50 per barrel, lowest in 3 1/2 years. Still won't bother us here, it will never reduce to those levels again and any drop will take a very long time, not like the increases that happen straight away.

Some one mentioned 99c being the price 3 years ago, I was driving a Diesel van at the time and paying around 80 - 85 cent per litre.

Also, what is the deal with diesel being more expensive than petrol? Bought a diesel to save money, I have driven my wifes petrol car more as it is cheaper to run....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i heard its 95.X cents in tesc finglas??

can anybody confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

If it wasnt for the fuel levy would we be looking at sub 90c prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

kceire wrote: »
    i heard its 95.X cents in tesc finglas??

can anybody confirm?

only with the voucher you get from spending 100 euro in the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Also, what is the deal with diesel being more expensive than petrol? Bought a diesel to save money, I have driven my wifes petrol car more as it is cheaper to run....

Assuming your not drivign a truck I'd imagine you'll get a lot more miles out of the tank of slightly more expensive diesel. It's not just about the price of the fuel you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

hold tight lads, the wholesale price of fuel is falling spectaculary in last 2 days, expect big cuts hitting the pumps over the weekend or very early next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Hammertime wrote: »
    hold tight lads, the wholesale price of fuel is falling spectaculary in last 2 days, expect big cuts hitting the pumps over the weekend or very early next week
    You open your price reports like this in future.
    Buying fuel today? STOP...Hammertime.

Your inside knowledge is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

and some carbon guy was on matt cooper tonight saying put the petrol up to 120 a litre to off set the carbon footprint LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭O7Pat

pierce kavanagh in urlingford (was statoil before not sure if still is) this evening had diesel at 101.9 and petrol at 100.9. (didn't see applegreen but they always match each other with applegreen usually a wee bit cheaper eg Kavanaghs are at 101.9 so applegreen will go someit like 101.8/101.7/101.6, --not sure which of them moves first)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭halkar

Before the budget average price difference between petrol and diesel was about 4-5 cents. Budget put 8 cents on the petrol yet petrol is still cheaper than diesel in most places :mad: Did I miss anything in the budget?:D

halkar wrote: »
    Before the budget average price difference between petrol and diesel was about 4-5 cents. Budget put 8 cents on the petrol yet petrol is still cheaper than diesel in most places :mad: Did I miss anything in the budget?:D

Diesel is dearer than petrol everywhere in Europe now, unless they've corrected it with taxation. We have 14c more tax on petrol than diesel...

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    only with the voucher you get from spending 100 euro in the shop

aghh yeah, get it now, its 105.X but if you spend the 100 euro its 95.X.
    they didnt say that on the radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

$49.06 a barrell !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Nearly a euro a litre ?!?!
    I never thought Id see day. For litre of petrol?
    When it went above 10p a gallon I thought it wouldnt stay at such an inflated price more than a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ The Home For The Bewildered is over there =====>

Not your ornery onager

petrol and diesel are 99.9 cents per litre in tesco finglas this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

kceire wrote: »
    petrol and diesel are 99.9 cents per litre in tesco finglas this morning.

same in maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

encryptix wrote: »
    same in maynooth

& Toughers outside of Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

wheres hammertime can we expect further drops??

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Noticed the Esso on the Tallaght bypass is 99.9 today, was 103.9 yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

When it went above 10p a gallon I thought it wouldnt stay at such an inflated price more than a week.

Surely you mean 2/-

Advertisement