Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Required: Replacing EvoX with XBMC

Options
  • 20-11-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Totally new to this and though Id ask the boardsies as they are generally more noob friendly than dedicated forums :)

Got the SoftMod Installer v5 and managed to install evoX on my xbox. All going fine. FTP'd over and found evoxdash and its config file in the e:\ directory not e:\dashboard also there was no apps folder in e:\

Copied all the files from xbmc to the e:\ drive along with the default boot file. Restarted computer and got evo-x.
    At this point I did some reading and realised there was a shortcut tool you needed to use and rename as the default boot file and create a .cfg file pointing to it (in my case E:\default.xmb) and put it in the e:\ drive too. Rebooted, same thing (evox)

So I ftp'd in again. Backed up the evodash and .ini file to my pc and deleted them. Needless to say that didnt go well and i was left back in the softmod installer dash. (Edit: Im back in evox after putting the files back)

Anybody able to point out what Im doing wrong? Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

what I do is install the xbmc folder in e\apps so its E:\Apps\XBMC . in the tools folder rename Team XBMC.xbe and Team XBMC.cfg to default.xbe and default.cfg respectively. ftp these two files over to e:drive replacing current default.xbe (my evox boot files are in e\dash, your softmod must be slightly different) reboot box and it should boot to xbmc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yeah I dont have a default in my E drive. Ok Ill try that so. Let ya's know if I have any success. Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

So your saying EvoX is installed in root of E: drive.

You should download XBMC from T3CH website.

Make a folder called APPS in E:\ and copy the XBMC folder to E:\APPS.

Then use either of the 2 shortcut tools to point the default.xbe in E:\ to E:\APPS\XBMC\defualt.xbe.

There should be a folder called _tools in T3CH XBMC rar archive. Extract the 2 files "SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC" and rename them to default.xbe and default.cfg and copy to E:\ ,overwriting the old EvoX xbe executable.

Edit: Same as above but I was slower typing mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

ongarite wrote: »
    So your saying EvoX is installed in root of E: drive.

You should download XBMC from T3CH website.

Make a folder called APPS in E:\ and copy the XBMC folder to E:\APPS.

Then use either of the 2 shortcut tools to point the default.xbe in E:\ to E:\APPS\XBMC\defualt.xbe.

There should be a folder called _tools in T3CH XBMC rar archive. Extract the 2 files "SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC" and rename them to default.xbe and default.cfg and copy to E:\ ,overwriting the old EvoX xbe executable.

Edit: Same as above but I was slower typing mine.

A quick question. You say name them default.xbe and default.cfg and overwrite the evox one in E;\ with them but its called evoxdash.xbe. So they wont owerwrite it. Should I delete it?

EDIT:
    WAHOOOOO got it working. Had to rename the files evoxdash.xbe and evoxdash.cfg instead of default therefore overwriting the evox one :D Cheers lads! Would never figure it out.

Advertisement