Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine hoover1300 not draining

Options
  • 20-11-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi people ,any advice appreciated .It wont drain on any program and there is no obvious filter that i can check for blockage.The drain pipe appears ok too.Is my next step to disconnect the hose at the pump.I have opened the door and emptied as much water as i can.It appears to be doing everything else ok.Can i assume its a blockage or is there anything else with the same symptom ? Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

First check if the drain pump is running, you should be able to hear it when the machine is trying to empty. If not, then the motor is probably burnt out and you will need a new pump assembly.

Tip - if the pump has failed, you can empty the machine by laying the drain hose on the floor and directing the outlet into a shallow basin, as long as the entire hose is lower than the bottom of the drum then the machine will empty. If it does not, then you have confirmed that there is a blockage somewhere.

It's quite common for a small item of clothing such as a sock to get down between the front edge of the inner drum and the rubber door seal, and into the outer drum, where it can block the large drain hose connecting the drum to the pump. To check disconect the machine from the mains and gently lay it on it's side so that you have access to the underside. You may need a couple of people to do this as it is quite heavy. Remove the drain hose from the bottom of the drum and check it for blockage.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

Thanks for that ,i will get to do it tomorrow ,much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭enmac

i'd look for the filter first - has to be there somewhere - the fact you don't know where it is means that it has never been cleaned - even if its not the problem i bet it could do with a good cleaning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

is the drain pipe too far down the outlet pipe? keep it up to the top and try and get the machine to empty - might be a syphonage problem which i had once.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm pretty sure that some Hoover machines had the filter access hidden behind the plastic "kick panel" at the bottom of machine.

• Advertisement

Hi again and thanks to all for the replies.I took out the machine and it drained when i put the hose at ground level .I took off the drain connection at the drum ,but no blockage there ,clean as a whistle.I then poured water down the disconnected drain pipe ,no blockage ,so i assume its a new pump ! I still cant find a filter in the line but the line is running clear ,unless its somehow inside the drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

dsane1 wrote: »
    Hi again and thanks to all for the replies.I took out the machine and it drained when i put the hose at ground level .I took off the drain connection at the drum ,but no blockage there ,clean as a whistle.I then poured water down the disconnected drain pipe ,no blockage ,so i assume its a new pump ! I still cant find a filter in the line but the line is running clear ,unless its somehow inside the drum.

It's probably more of a strainer than a filter, often built in to the pump assembly. It should be possible to remove it from the front of the machine, at ground level, but it may be behind a kick panel as suggested above.

If the pump is not running, check for voltage at the terminals before condemning it. It may also be a faulty controller which is not switching the pump on at the correct point in the cycle.

I disconnected the hose from the pump and guess what ! About 10 euro sitting in the pump .1c coins etc .Were they too mean to fit a filter to prevent this or am i missing something.Anyway i have cleaned it out and its on trial ,fingers crossed.Definitley nothing behind the kick panel except a hole where a filter might go lol.

Hey it works !!! thanks to all and particularly Pete 67 ,i really appreciated the help .

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Good to see you got it sorted out.

Older Hotpoint machines were also known not to have the "filter"

Advertisement