Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolution Theory is Error

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Galvasean wrote: »
    Are they mentioned in the Bible?
    There's your answer. :)
    don't know about blackjuck but i would reckon the whores of babylon would be the hookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gareth37 wrote: »

Pretty cool how you post a video that proves the point I just made. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Now I am a scientist by profession but science should not be abused in this way.

Food science, computer science?

Pretty cool how you post a video that proves the point I just made. :)

So can you answer the question?

• Advertisement

Here is another decent site which shows even more flaws in the theory:
    http://www.epm.org/artman2/publish/creation_evolution/Ten_Major_Flaws_of_Evolution_-_Revised.shtml

and more
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-misconceptions.html

In fact there are so many doubts its like saying that the world is flat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

What's your profession Gareth37?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Nah, christian science.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

We'll build our own Creationism thread, even bigger than the one in Christianity.
    Well we have all the ingredients...

Enthusiastic adherents to science - CHECK
    Creationism adherent who ignores rebuttals and replies with new questions - CHECK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Pseudo science I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Dades wrote: »
    Well we have all the ingredients...

Enthusiastic adherents to science - CHECK
    Creationism adherent who ignores rebuttals and replies with new questions - CHECK

Best Xmas pressie evar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You didn't ask one! :p

So tell me this. If we came for Monkeys this must mean that one day Monkeys will also become human?

So that means that every animal on this planet will eventually become human?

That is what you are saying here right, that man came from Monkeys? So Monkeys will also become man? Why did some Monkeys become man quicker than others and why are Monkeys showing no sign of evoluting further?

I think you have been watching too much planet of the apes :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

why are Monkeys showing no sign of evoluting further?
    Been studying this "evoluting" thing for long, have we?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

So tell me this. If we came for Monkeys this must mean that one day Monkeys will also become human?

That is what you are saying here right, that man came from Monkeys? So Monkeys will also become man? Why did some Monkeys become man quicker than others and why are Monkeys showing no sign of evoluting further?

You should read the article posted earlier about bacteria evolving and try to understand the theory before you call it lies.

You haven't a clue what you're on about and I'm almost 100% sure you're a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Come on Gareth, these leaps are bigger than any of the faith variety I've ever seen.

Can you answer the question that has been asked about a dozen times already - what kind of scientist are you?

http://www.epm.org/artman2/publish/creation_evolution/Ten_Major_Flaws_of_Evolution_-_Revised.shtml

and more

Tripe.

In the first link.

'Facts' 1 and 2 are just an argument of incredulity. Just because you can't explain it, doesn't make it supernatural.

Fact 3 - E-coli Cit+

Fact 4 - deliberately misuses the law of entropy. the world is NOT A CLOSED SYSTEM. and the law is for a CLOSED system, not an open or closed system as your precious site states.

gave up reading after that blatant lie.

All Dawkins and co are doing is making money of people foolish enough to beleive their dribble. Selling books, going to talks, seminars etc. Making money

People say here than God cannot be proved but yet they accept some money making theory that doesn't actually make full scientific sense even. That to me is strange :confused:

Do you watch the stuff you yourself posted?

We didn't come from monkeys. Monkeys are an evolution of a common ancestor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

and more

Arrrrgh the fiend ... he's using "talk origins" faqs to bolster *his* side of the argument, meaning we can only use aig and creationist websites to defend evolution. Very clever! I'm sure even J C didn't come up with this brilliant move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

You could ask questions in the other direction, like why if creationism is true are there so many different breeds of dogs which came from wolves, hyenas, jackals, foxes, etc. Did a creator decide it would like us to have pit bulls? Or is it actually just a human perversion/hijacking of natural selection?

All Dawkins and co are doing is making money of people foolish enough to beleive their dribble. Selling books, going to talks, seminars etc. Making money

People say here than God cannot be proved but yet they accept some money making theory that doesn't actually make full scientific sense even. That to me is strange :confused:

evolutionary theory is used everyday, and proven to be accurate ever day in medical and computer science.

pH wrote: »
    Arrrrgh the fiend ... he's using "talk origins" faqs to bolster *his* side of the argument, meaning we can only use aig and creationist websites to defend evolution. Very clever! I'm sure even J C didn't come up with this brilliant move.

i don't think he read the second link himself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, I suppose you got us there: No church has ever made money from followers...................
    Substitute the words "The Church" (ANY church) for "Dawkins" and reread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

why are Monkeys showing no sign of evoluting further?

evolution happens over a huge periods of time, that was idiotic to ask that question, you're not even playing by any rules, darwins theory was based on examination of fossils and others things to, he didn't just look at a bird for 10 days and note the changes

you are not a scientist

• Registered Users Posts: 23 saml1

It is important to try and understand something before you knock it or discredit it and Gareth37 I doubt you have even tried to actually grasp the theory of evolution. I'd even bet you haven't put much effort into understanding your religions stance on the matter. You seem poorly informed either way from your comments and line of questioning, and are biased towards creationism and the existance of a god, so your opinions and conjecture shouldn't be given much merit.

All too often the most ill-informed remarks begin with something like "I'm not a scientist, but..."

keane2097 wrote: »
    You should read the article posted earlier about bacteria evolving and try to understand the theory before you call it lies.

You haven't a clue what you're on about and I'm almost 100% sure you're a troll.

Only God knows, thats why science fails. ;)

Even if one were to accept evolution, do you not think that there was something before evolution and what before that? So before all these things how was the first thing ever in the Universe created but then I hear myself say, what about before that. This is beyond human, it is supernatural. Denying the supernatural is denying that a concept behond the human mind exists and we all realise that there is something that science cannot explain. So I cannot accept evolution even and other theories for God is the creator in one way or another.

At the very very start of what we are living in there must have been something supernatural for the concept of the human mind cannot explain how nothing was turned into something and Im 100% sure that God is the supernatural. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

LOL

And how much did the catholic church make last year?

If you can show me one hint of proof of the existence of god, I will swear allegiance to him right now. Just one small speck of proof that he exists. But you cant.

Not to mention you have not uttered one shred of scientific sense yourself. Not even which part of science you study.

Domestic Scientist perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Only God knows, thats why science fails. ;)
    :eek: Facepalm

Advertisement