Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolution Theory is Error

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Yes, it was, but if it's any consolation, I considered doing something similar.

We are nerds. :(

At least we're not Food Scientists though, right?

Food science is a legitimate scientific field. You are probably thinking of nutritionists who are as close to being scientists as homoeopaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

sink wrote: »
    Food science is a legitimate scientific field. You are probably thinking of nutritionists who are as close to being scientists as homoeopaths.

Agreed. "Dr" Gillian McKeith and "Prof" Patrick Holford play science but like to sue critics. I don't think they're quite getting how the game works. Attack, until nothing remains but the irrefutable.

Yes, it was, but if it's any consolation, I considered doing something similar.

We are nerds. :(

I'm not even a programmer, I have no excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

How'd that go?

while (Rev_Hellfire < 18)
    {
    abuse;
    }

I'm sorry, that was terrible.

I hope you're incrementing that counter in the abuse method... thats a whole lot of pain otherwise.

I hope you're incrementing that counter in the abuse method... thats a whole lot of pain otherwise.

The counter variable is being incremented by a parallel process (ageing method). :pac:

This is awful. We have to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The counter variable is being incremented by a parallel process
    Saved me the effort of pointing out the values of Rev_Hellfire have to be fiddled with in a separate thread, otherwise the abuse will be endless.

robindch wrote: »
    Saved me the effort of pointing out the values of Rev_Hellfire have to be fiddled with in a separate thread, otherwise the abuse will be endless.

What's wrong with us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

int thread() {

talk_poo();
    be_nerdy();

return 0;
    }

That oughta do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Well, I think we've proved that we're all qualified to talk about evolution now, haven't we?

Well, I think we've proved that we're all qualified to talk about evolution now, haven't we?

Well I'm an actual biologist!

• Advertisement

What's wrong with us?
    Lack of work to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This thread was gold till bout page 15 then I started reading and shamefully laughing at the in-nerd jokes :) Can we have gareth back now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Got any biology science to back that up? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Conventionally qualified?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

/ Unloved code monkey backs slowly away from thread :(

* Actually I prefer to call myself a Sofware Engineer, to annoy proper Engineers :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

boo hiss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

More easy Money - it's too easy:

THE PRIZE OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMPETITION "WHY IS THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION INVALID?" IS INCREASED TO 100,000 YTL!

http://us1.fmanager.net/api_v1/productDetail.php?dev-t=EDCRFV&objectId=11310

All we need to do is to take Gareth's, J C's, wolfbane's (and others) arguments, make them into an essay and submit. And we have until Oct 2009, with the original thinkers (and indeed a bone-fide Creation Scientist) to get inspiration from I feel that the €50,000 is as good as won already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

pH wrote: »
    More easy Money - it's too easy:

THE PRIZE OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMPETITION "WHY IS THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION INVALID?" IS INCREASED TO 100,000 YTL!

http://us1.fmanager.net/api_v1/productDetail.php?dev-t=EDCRFV&objectId=11310

All we need to do is to take Gareth's, J C's, wolfbane's (and others) arguments, make them into an essay and submit. And we have until Oct 2009, with the original thinkers (and indeed a bone-fide Creation Scientist) to get inspiration from I feel that the €50,000 is as good as won already.

Entrys must be hand written A4 and not excede 60 pages in length?

It's a scientific compedition. Ohhhhh. Must be legit, they said it's science.

This is for kids right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

oeb wrote: »

It's a scientific compedition. Ohhhhh. Must be legit, they said it's science.

This is for kids right?

I have a cunning plan involving J C's posts, copy&paste and a handwriting script font ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

oeb wrote: »
    And not written in your parents' crayons, either!

Apparently, the prizegiving and canapé party will be held in a specially commissioned lead zeppelin, in order to demonstrate the flaws in gravity theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Scientifically the theory of evolution is incorrect, it was theory put forward by Darwin over one hundred years ago and since that nobody has proved this theory but in fact evidence exists that the theory has no basis whatsoever:

Proteins cannot form in the oceans because the reaction in which two amino acids bond together releases a water molecule. According to the Le Châtelier Principle, it is not possible for a reaction that releases water to take place in a hydrate environment.

Neither could they produce a single useful amino acid or protein, nor could they prove – despite thousands of experiments – that mutations can have beneficial effects and cause evolution.

Modern technology has allowed humans to discover some aspects of the cell. What was thought to be a murky lump during the time of Darwin has been discovered to be an unimaginably complex system.

Now I am a scientist by profession but science should not be abused in this way.

http://www.albalagh.net/kids/science/evolution.shtml

Now, I'm no scientist, and this is a genuine question: How come when I eat fish it says on the packet/tin that it's almost all protein?

:confused:

koHd wrote: »
    How come when I eat fish it says on the packet/tin that it's almost all protein?
    It's a conspiracy by secular scientists to stop people from eating fish on fridays. Fishes are actually made from eggs. No protein at all in there, siree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

It's a conspiracy by secular scientists to stop people from eating fish on fridays. Fishes are actually made from eggs. No protein at all in there, siree.

I see, so the proteins can form on Fridays but not on other days. Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Four legs protein bad, no legs protein good.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Got any biology science to back that up? :pac:

Writing a paper right now! I'm legit! Leeegiiiit!
    Conventionally qualified?

I am AtomicHorror, B.Sc(Hons), (nearly)Ph.D.

If I ever finish up... :confused:

Fishes are actually made from eggs. No protein at all in there, siree.

:eek:

Everything I've learned is a lie.

Writing a paper right now! I'm legit! Leeegiiiit!

I am AtomicHorror, B.Sc(Hons), (nearly)Ph.D.

If I ever finish up... :confused:

Bah, not a SuperScientist like the guy in the other forum..

Galvasean wrote: »
    Bah, not a SuperScientist like the guy in the other forum..

Who has a superscience degree?

Who has a superscience degree?

that he is not at liberty to divulge where he got it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

picture.php?albumid=295&pictureid=1469

Advertisement