Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap skiing in Feb/March in Europe?

• 20-11-2008 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a short ski break next Feb or March (or up until the snow ends).
    it'd only be for 3 days max (as leaving baby with family at home) so Bulgaria etc. is too far to fly.

It'd be for a group of early 30's people (between 4 and 10 of us).
    We like a social scene as well but it's mainly for the skiing so it doesn't matter if it's a quiet resort.

IDEALLY but not essentail would be flights available from Shannon or Cork.

I know my local gym had a great package a few years ago so I'm going to ask them but anyone able to help me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a short ski break next Feb or March (or up until the snow ends).QUOTE]

You can still Ski \ board in April most years.

I would book flights to Geneva (~70 euro return at the moment) and from there you have 200 resorts within 2 hours.

if you booked a flight for late Thursday and a late flight back on the Sunday you would get three full days on the slopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Try this place at the edge of Tignes in Le Brevieres. Its connected to the main resort of Tignes by chair lift and 5 min bus ride. Great value for half board and theres a cool pub that in the basement of the chalet that rocks till 2am every night.
    http://www.chaletchardons.com/

Advertisement