Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Update 360 NXE from pc?

• 20-11-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere i can download the final build NXE on the internet and update my xbox via usb key? i dont have it on live you see but i like the sound of a quieter xbox haha!!

i have found several places on the internet but they all seem to be beta versions or pirated - is there no official download from microsoft?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

jones wrote: »
    Is there anywhere i can download the final build NXE on the internet and update my xbox via usb key? i dont have it on live you see but i like the sound of a quieter xbox haha!!

i have found several places on the internet but they all seem to be beta versions or pirated - is there no official download from microsoft?

You pretty much need to link it to live temporarily or go to someone's house that has t'interent if that's not possible. Maybe it will be available from xbox.com soon but i'm not sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Like all M/S updates you can download them from Xbox.com. And burn them onto CD or USB. M/S know that not everyone has Live so thats what they do. Not sure if its up on the website yet , but it will be.
    if you have the internet and can download to a PC why not connect your 360 for 2 mins to get the update. Or are you banned.

I'm sure Xbox360 magazine gives all the updates on the free demo discs they give with the mag. Should look into that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

No not banned (never even singed up to live - psn is the right price for me haha) its just i only have internet in work at the moment (broadband is down) And i'm not sure about hooking up my elite to the office computers haha!!

i'll keep an eye on xbox.com so thanks for the help all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

This might be really dumb but i though i remember hearing that updates are sometimes included on game discs? So this update could be included on upcoming games? Please correct me if I'm wrong which I undoubtedly am....

Or maybe on a disc from the next edition of a 360 gaming magazine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

jones wrote: »
    No not banned (never even singed up to live - psn is the right price for me haha) its just i only have internet in work at the moment (broadband is down) And i'm not sure about hooking up my elite to the office computers haha!!

i'll keep an eye on xbox.com so thanks for the help all

Silver accounts are free, that's all you need for the update but as you have never signed up before, if you do sign up, you'll get a free month of gold for free anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

You could be right! i know that the ps3 does that with firmware updates (i usually download them straight from net though).

Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

This might be really dumb but i though i remember hearing that updates are sometimes included on game discs? So this update could be included on upcoming games? Please correct me if I'm wrong which I undoubtedly am....

No - you are right. The update is to be included on future games.

From the Xbox.com support section:
    Q:What if my Xbox 360 isn’t online? How do I get the update? If I don’t, will my Xbox 360 still work?A:This Autumn, you will need to be connected to Xbox LIVE to download the system update; however we will be making the update available to non-Xbox LIVE members very soon. Your Xbox 360 will work in an offline mode, without the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

My 360 is banned so I needed to upgrade offline. If you download the update from the 'usual' places and place it an a folder called '$SystemUpdate it will automatically detect it.

It's only a small download about 10mb or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

s.welstead wrote: »
    My 360 is banned so I needed to upgrade offline. If you download the update from the 'usual' places and place it an a folder called '$SystemUpdate it will automatically detect it.

It's only a small download about 10mb or so.

sorry bud, but thats no the NXE. Its a beta. The real one is 128mb. I've got the beta on a second console and its not the full version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

No as far as I can tell it's the final v2.0.7357.0

The Beta was released earlier but I didn't bother with that one.

The 128mb download is just for the Avatars and I 'think' you need to connect to Live to get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Major Nelson said, on his podcast this week, that the update isn't on the website yet, but it will be, though he didn't give a date. He said there were reasons why it couldn't be put up yet, so be patient. It will be up there eventually. Keep an eye on majornelson.com

Advertisement