Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement part for older shower needed - please help!

Options
  • 20-11-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all

I have a shower that needs a replacement mixer handle/cover. Essentially there is a fixed brass attachment that needs to be covered as when exposed it is difficult to turn and piping hot. The original cover has broken and cannot be repaired.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? The bit that turns in the middle is 1/4 of an inch in diameter.

Please see attached picture. I can supply any other details if you need.

Any and all help is really, really appreciated!

Thanks,
    CJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Should be possible to get a new cover or tap type fitting at a plumbing merchants or from the manufacturer.

As a temporary meassure, use a small vice grip, locked on to the bar, to act as a level dial!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 C.J.

Thanks for that - does anyone know a plumbers merchants in the Dublin north city area that might be able to help? I have no idea about the manufacturer but I will try and find out.

RKQ wrote: »
    Should be possible to get a new cover or tap type fitting at a plumbing merchants or from the manufacturer.

As a temporary meassure, use a small vice grip, locked on to the bar, to act as a level dial!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

C.J. wrote: »
    Hi all

I have a shower that needs a replacement mixer handle/cover. Essentially there is a fixed brass attachment that needs to be covered as when exposed it is difficult to turn and piping hot. The original cover has broken and cannot be repaired.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? The bit that turns in the middle is 1/4 of an inch in diameter.

Please see attached picture. I can supply any other details if you need.

Any and all help is really, really appreciated!

Thanks,
    CJ
    Modern plant on left before red cow hotel heading out of town.

Advertisement