Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel Extreme QX9650 ES

Options
  • 20-11-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi

I have an intel extreme QX9650 engineering sample with an unlocked multiplier. Just wondering is there any special considerations when setting up the bios for this type of chip. I've been told you have manually set the multiplier

Also, cant find the screws for my case, so would anyone know of a computer store near dundrum that would have motherboard mounting screws. Does that laser place in windy arbour still exist.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

I hate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

dubambman wrote: »
    Hi
    Also, cant find the screws for my case, so would anyone know of a computer store near dundrum that would have motherboard mounting screws. Does that laser place in windy arbour still exist.

Thanks
    Yeah its still there and there's dawn computers in goatstown also.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

I hate you.

Well you'll hate this even more. Im not planning on overclocking it, going to run it at stock settings.

Anyway sorted all the problems, laser hooked me up with the screws and the bios defaulted to the correct settings

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

I hate you.

And also its not a Qx9650 its a Qx9750 running at 3.16GHz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I hate you.

+1:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Stock multiplier of the non engineering sample retail chip is 9, Fsb is 333
    9x333Mhz fsb is 3Ghz

You say the stock speed of this chip is 3.17Ghz, therefore the multiplier would be 9.5
    9.5x333Mhz fsb is 3.17Hhz

You should get to run at 4.0GHz by simply changing the multiplier in an air cooled setup, no extra voltage would be needed........or You could just give it to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

dubambman wrote: »
    Well you'll hate this even more. Im not planning on overclocking it, going to run it at stock settings.

Anyway sorted all the problems, laser hooked me up with the screws and the bios defaulted to the correct settings

jesus man..this cpu will hit 4.2ghz on air..overclock that sucker :D

Advertisement