Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making a Will

• 20-11-2008 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Myself and My hubbie / love of my life got married last year.
    Feel we should get a will done up but not sure if we really need to or indeed what to include.
    Also the house is in his name not ours. Does this pose a problem?

Looking for suggestions/ opinions only. Not looking for a solicitor.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

ALFIET wrote: »
    Myself and My hubbie / love of my life got married last year.
    Feel we should get a will done up but not sure if we really need to or indeed what to include.
    Also the house is in his name not ours. Does this pose a problem?

Looking for suggestions/ opinions only. Not looking for a solicitor.

Thanks

You're right, you are looking for suggestions - that which would be best placed to come from a solicitor. Therefore, consult a solicitor, they will tell you everything you need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are certain protectiosn under the Family Home Protection Act, 1976 http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1976/en/act/pub/0027/index.html where the family home is in one name, the other party has certain rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Most solicitors do wills at a non-profit rate ( ie fairly cheap) and it is well worth making an appointment to discuss the issues you are now raising with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

When I was practising in this area of work almost all home made wills were faulty - not necessarily invalid but all with problems that delayed things. A solicitor will charge c.150 euro - ask when you phone to make an appointment but do it.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

As said, consult a solicitor. Considering how important Wills are, this is the best advice you can get here and in any event, no legal advice is allowed.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement