Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new use for SQL

Options
  • 20-11-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Cool and all but this really makes me wonder WTF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

kayos wrote: »
    Cool and all but this really makes me wonder WTF
    +1 wtf. Although, I'm guessing it would be easier then to load a .bmp image into a blob and produce an ascii-art version for use on social website skins, for free, web2.0 fortune here I come! Need the right title to impress the wall st suits for the ipo tour, hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

democrates wrote: »
    +1 wtf. Although, I'm guessing it would be easier then to load a .bmp image into a blob and produce an ascii-art version for use on social website skins, for free, web2.0 fortune here I come! Need the right title to impress the wall st suits for the ipo tour, hmm...

You could call it arscii.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hmmm

1) Learn Mandelbrot SQL
    2) ????
    3) profit

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

hussey wrote: »
    Hmmm

1) Learn Mandelbrot SQL
    2) ????
    3) profit

;)
    No offence but that's after confusing the business plan.
    Your search - ???? - did not match any documents.

But thanks Evil Phil, I've taken your suggestion to the next level by thinking laterally outside the box as follows:
    1) users will be invited to upload ur photos (down with da yute lingo lol :pac:)
    2) according to wiki Benoît Mandelbrot (aka Benny) invented the blobs
    3) the resultant graphic is an Arscii (tm pending)
    So I can use those bold bits in some clever combination to come up with a domain name.

Advertisement